Major Businesses 26-07-2017
It may be basking in the glow of sunshine from the summer hit Love Island, which has just been recommissioned, but ITV has been burned over the first half of 2017 from weak advertising sales.
Global shipments of LCD TV panels totalled 123.35 million units for the first half of 2017, a dip of 0.1% compared with the same period a year ago, according to research from WitsView.
Augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) present many opportunities for application enhancement and new monetisation opportunities, but the technologies are still a long way from being an everyday feature, says Futuresource Consulting.
ZoneTV has tapped online video platform provider Ooyala for media logistics tools to automate the curation of content of a customisable suite of linear TV channels.
Saudi Arabia is maintaining its prohibition of beIN Sports, despite the UAE’s decision to lift the ban on the Doha-based broadcast network.
Thai broadcaster MV International (MVI) has leased transponder space from regional satellite operator Thaicom to launch a pay-TV platform in Laos.
All Tunisian channels broadcast on Arabsat are to be offered at one dedicated frequency on the BADR-4 satellite.
Most read news
- Lifetime to bring Dance Moms spinoff to YouTube
- Virtual reality needs to simplify to be successful
- End of football season hits Vodafone Spain’s pay-TV business
- TV ad spending translates to big digital benefits
- La Liga leads European football on YouTube
- Univision kicks off Liga MX coverage in the US
- Roku, Applicaster launch in Argentina
- Katzenberg wants to go all-out on mobile video
- Jenni Rivera drives Telemundo to outperform CBS, FOX
- US multichannel services cede ground to OTT content from virtual service providers
- Decent takes on entertainment giants with Blockchain-based content distribution platform
- NBC to stream Premier League football direct to consumers
- Lookhu launches celeb-focused OTT service
- Nearly three-fifths of US broadband households take Netflix, Amazon, Hulu
- Sling TV brings in AFRO
- Univision king of Hispanic prime time