Taking advantage of what it says is the “unique and unparalleled” coverage of the craft at the key neighbourhood, Brazilian operator 1Sat Telecomunicaçoes has launched BluTV, a new direct-to-home broadcast platform using the EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite.
Major Businesses 11-08-2020
With the company’s studio business playing a crucial part in its overall content ecosystem and contributing to near 50% average revenue growth since the firm's inception, ViacomCBS International Studios (VIS) has appointed Kate Laffey as its new vice president.
Software-based IP broadcast solutions Mediaproxy has landed a contract with Crown Media Family Networks to provide compliance monitoring for its main television services, namely Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Mysteries & Movies (HMM) and Hallmark Drama.
Continuing the momentum that it has generated since its recent rebranding the UK arm of Nordic Entertainment (NENT) Group), NENT Studios UK has announced English-language psychological drama series Close to Me, based on the best-selling novel of the same name by British author Amanda Reynolds.
Major Businesses 10-08-2020
In a three-month period marked, but not marred, by the effects of not only the Covid-19 pandemic but also the George Floyd protests, US TV provider EW Scripps has revealed a positive second quarter of the year.
Most read news
- Grass Valley, Evertz, Xilinx, Primestream join the SRT Open Source project
- Virgin adds to UK gigabit network
- UK lockdown drives surge in TV and streaming viewing
- Pirate subscription services now a billion-dollar industry in US
- SES claims solid first half of 2020 but video challenges persist
- KDDI taps VisualOn Media Player to support streaming video
- BBC iPlayer records best-ever first half of the year
- My Entertainment launches premium content division
- Amazon Prime crowned king of UK original streaming programming
- Broadcasters expect 5G to replace traditional broadcast
- FreeCast brings QVC, HSN networks to SelectTV
- Peacock scores US Premier League rights
- ZEASN, JOOX team to bring music streaming service to emerging markets
- Openreach expands full-fibre broadband network across UK
- Insight TV HD service reaches over 15MN subscribers in Russia, CIS
- Amagi delivers over 30 live, linear channels for Roku Channel