Aiming to allow its products to feature what it calls the most competitive content app offerings, Samsung Electronics UK has announced that all TVs in the 2020 line-up now feature app offerings such as Netflix and NOW TV.
Mobile technology and solutions provider Qualcomm Technologies has launched a new range of mobile connectivity systems that are said by the company to represent the most advanced Wi-Fi 6E offerings of their kind, advancing video streaming.
Hot on the heels of the launch of the direct-to-consumer service in the US on 27 May, WarnerMedia has confirmed that a first wave of at least 15 HBO Max Originals will land on HBO GO and its other channels in Asia in 2020.
In what will delight bit the broadcasters and fans alike, the English Premier League has decided that conditions are right to lift lockdown restrictions that have seen no games in the world’s most popular football league since March 2020.
With unprecedented traffic running over its networks, intelligent edge platform and content delivery network (CDN) provider Akamai is aiming to boost online video experiences in a collaboration with global streaming media intelligence firm Conviva.
Ad Tech 29-05-2020
Leading Spanish media group Atresmedia and video ad tech provider Smartclip, its current exclusive partner for digital advertising through HbbTV, have expanded their strategic agreement for Atresmedia’s addressable TV portfolio.
The International Hockey Federation (FIH), the world’s governing body for the sport of hockey, and content protection and multiscreen video solutions provider NAGRA to deliver what is claimed to be a ‘ground-breaking’ fan engagement service.
Most read news
- SBS Belgium takes Live PD: Police Patrol, Nightwatch to Benelux Region
- SoftAtHome, RDK Collaborate on service provider video
- NENT Studios UK acquires The Dead Lands
- Conviva, Akamai announce partnership to enhance streaming video experiences
- LiveU launches original live TV on Facebook
- Grass Valley expands Technology Alliance
- The Voice gets louder across the globe
- UKTV young viewers turn to classics during lockdown
- Netflix, Disney+ set to amass 460MN subs by 2025
- Covid-19: premium VOD surges but suppliers pace content availability
- SVOD services continue local content push
- Covid-19 to drive greater TVOD usage in 2020
- K League 1 taps Grabyo to deliver season opener live to social media
- Video business continues lower orbit but SES claims solid first quarter 2020
- Broadcast shows resilience in tough third quarter for Eutelsat
- Pluto expands orbit in Europe, Latin America