BritBox, the SVOD service from BBC Worldwide and ITV, has inked a new latest third-party deal with content creator all3media International to boost what is claimed as the biggest collection of streaming British TV in the US.
Immersive technology platform provider Ultracast has selected network, cloud and security services firm Tata Communications to power the international expansion of its 360° video and virtual reality (VR) platform.
Leading satellite service operator, Arabsat has revealed details of its choice of Rohde & Schwarz to build an IP-based TV broadcast platform for Tunisian broadcaster, Office National de Télédiffusion (ONT).
Media Analysis 16-01-2018
Even if to date its TV market has long been dominated by free-to-air (FTA) channels, the MENA region’s large youth population, fast-improving mobile connectivity as well as the flood of new streaming platforms into the market will drive growth in online video, says a report from EY.
As it looks to introduce developments such as 4KTV and HDR across the MENA region, Abu Dhabi Media has embarked upon a major enhancement of its central technical facilities.
CBeebies preschool series Hey Duggee has hit over one billion views in China in under a year since it first launched on the country’s leading video streaming platforms.
Abu Dhabi Media (ADM) is showcasing its new television channel NatGeo Kids Abu Dhabi after agreeing an uplink partnership deal with UAE telco du.
Acorn TV has announced its first series commission of the year with the green light of the second series of one of its most popular series, the mystery Agatha Raisin.
Most read news
- Sinclair, Imagine team on US broadcast ad platform for ATSC 3.0
- TV sets remain as prime device for VOD viewing
- Discovery teams with Netflix for Indian channel JEET
- 8K display production set for ramp-up in 2018
- Netflix to debut Drug Lords
- Peaky Blinders carves drama ratings leadership for BBC Two
- CES 2018: Vubiquity unveils 4K SDR suite
- Airtel offers year of Amazon Prime membership with post-paid plans
- Univision, Telemundo continue battle for US Hispanic viewers
- Vatican Media to transmit Christmas Eve Midnight Mass live in Ultra HD
- Consumers demanding more from streaming services
- El Clásico travels around the globe in HDR
- Consolidated Communications adds fuboTV live OTT TV
- Netflix subs gain parity with pay-TV customers in US
- Spain looks to establish reference VOD, streaming measurement system
- Hispasat moves Amazonas 4 to 74 degrees West