Ad Tech 18-01-2018
NexStreaming and Yospace have announced an integration designed to simplify the route to market for broadcasters wishing to monetise their live over-the-top (OTT) streams.
Just two weeks after launching its Next-Gen TV platform, entertainment technology and audience insights provider TiVo has expanded its multi-year patent licence agreement with Google to expressly include YouTube TV.
End-to-end digital media platform provider Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced plans to launch new points of presence (PoPs) for its Edgecast content delivery network across three continents in the first quarter of the year.
Days after overhauling the user experience of its website and Android app, WhereverTV is to offer in the US international channels from SPI International/Filmbox on smartphones, tablets, PCs, streaming media players, computers and connected TVs.
Media Analysis 18-01-2018
Even though the UK TV market is set to see traditional TV viewing among 18-24-year-olds decline over the next two years there will be a resurgence of paid media content and a thriving live sector, says Deloitte UK’s TMT Predictions 2018 report.
Major Businesses 18-01-2018
In a year in which it has reorganised and laid the foundations to take on the growing subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) sector, telco TV equipment and services specialist Netgem has posted falls in revenue and profit for its fiscal 2017, but mitigated by a stronger final quarter.
Most read news
- Sinclair, Imagine team on US broadcast ad platform for ATSC 3.0
- 8K display production set for ramp-up in 2018
- Netflix to debut Drug Lords
- Airtel offers year of Amazon Prime membership with post-paid plans
- Peaky Blinders carves drama ratings leadership for BBC Two
- FOX+ appoints John Kotsaftis to drive streaming business in Asia
- Motorsport.tv revs up on Freesat
- InMobi acquires AerServ in $90MN deal
- Vatican Media to transmit Christmas Eve Midnight Mass live in Ultra HD
- Consumers demanding more from streaming services
- El Clásico travels around the globe in HDR
- Consolidated Communications adds fuboTV live OTT TV
- Netflix subs gain parity with pay-TV customers in US
- Spain looks to establish reference VOD, streaming measurement system
- Hispasat moves Amazonas 4 to 74 degrees West
- Nigeria’s digital TV switchover continues in Kwara, Kaduna states