Major Businesses 03-07-2020
Creating what is claimed to be the largest international player in content production and distribution, Banijay has confirmed its acquisition of Endemol Shine Group from The Walt Disney Company and funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc.
Following launch agreements with distribution partners early this year, and in a move that will see the likes of local originals Dream Raider and Workers on offer, WarnerMedia’s regional streaming service in Southeast Asia, HBO GO, is now available in Taiwan on a direct-to-consumer basis.
Ad Tech 02-07-2020
In a new multi-year partnership designed to broaden and deepen their strong commercial relationship, Sky Media, the advertising sales arm of Sky, will now sell advertisements and sponsorship across all BT Sport channels in the UK.
Aiming to give to give smart TV OEMS enhanced features and fast time to market, OTT software solutions provider Vewd has launched Broadcast Plus, a solution designed to offer smart TV manufacturers an easy-to-deploy, certification-ready broadcaster user experience for both live TV and on-demand content.
Enabling the top European soccer club competitions to continue to be part of its La Casa del Fútbol, Telefónica has sealed a major agreement with UEFA for Spanish rights to the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League until the 2023/2024 season.
Reaching a record high, online video service SendtoNews (STN) has revealed that its publishers delivered content to over 47.444 million unique viewers, totalling 1.041 billion video views across the US in May 2020 according to Comscore All Devices Viewership research.
As the operator remains on track to cover its entire network reaching more than half of the UK by the end of 2021, Liverpool and Edinburgh have become the next cities to benefit from Virgin Media's Gig1 offering average download speeds of 1104 Mbps.
Most read news
- Disney UK TV services to end linear availability from October
- Virgin Media adds 500 Mbps fibre broadband to all bundles
- Mobile operators set to generate 170MN million SVOD subs over next five years
- J:COM, Plume partner on advanced smart home services to Japanese cable ops
- Brat TV taps Amagi to expand streaming footprint
- Pay-TV declines as US online video consumption doubles in three years
- Mirada monitors ‘stratospheric’ rise in TV consumption
- TiVo finds 58% increase in overall viewership in first week of lockdowns
- 92% of broadcasters expect to adopt 5G within the next two years
- Sky scores Premier League rights rebate on eve of big return to action
- Dugout launches live stream football content service
- Telus claims speed record for 5G network
- Rakuten TV intros SVOD with Starzplay
- Viu claims streaming prominence as it premieres local version of The Bridge
- Amazon Prime Video gives VOD viewers more bang for their buck
- Virgin Media sees lockdown leap in broadband traffic growth