Major Businesses 20-11-2017
Thalia Droussioti, founder and CEO of television programme information supplier Global Listings, has been named the winner of the Stevie Award in the CEO category for Women in Business for Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Europe, the Middle East & Africa.
SVOD leader Netflix has commissioned an original Indian series from Red Chillies Entertainment, the production house owned by Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan.
In a further ramping up of its current momentum that has bolstered its bouquet, Amazon Prime Video is to become the exclusive home to select AMC Studios series to customers in Germany, Italy, Japan, India, Australia, New Zealand and 22 other territories.
Marking the third series in the franchise which has previously premiered on the channel, A+E Networks UK has commissioned Woodcut Media to produce new factual series Combat Machines for History in the UK.
Australian Direct-to-Home television provider TV Plus has renewed a multi-year satellite services agreement to deliver global content to local viewers in its domestic territory and New Zealand via the Intelsat 19 satellite located at 166° East.
Pay-TV operator StarTimes Nigeria has launched its Christmas promotion, encouraging subscribers to sign up for a second month at half the usual cost.
Media Analysis 19-11-2017
Pay-TV subscribers in the US are declining at an accelerated rate, but not every segment is being impacted on the same level, while skinny TV distributors are picking up subscribers — but the jury is out on whether it’s enough to sustain programmers as traditional distribution footprints wane.
Most read news
- European OTT video revenue to double by 2021
- MBC strike to end as president is fired
- FCC loosens media ownership rules in US
- One size does not fit all in OTT world
- Phoenix set to become next-gen broadcast ATSC model market
- Amazon locks up exclusive tennis rights in UK
- Quarter of European OTT platforms export VOD services outside country of origin
- FNL Network, Canal Futura ink deals with Vewd TV app store
- Invidi, Foxtel deal marks milestone for Australian addressable TV
- US OTT market heats up
- Univision remains home for Liga MX football in US
- Sony makes BRAVIA TVs compatible with Amazon Alexa in UK, US
- Pay-TV penetration plateaus in Russia
- Losses due to online TV, film piracy soar to $52BN
- MENA anti-piracy coalition celebrates closure of 30 pirate TV channels
- More than half of US broadband households subscribe to pay-TV, OTT service