Drama Gunpowder, starring Kit Harington and Liv Tyler, will air across multiple new territories after Endemol Shine International has revealed it has signed a number of distribution deals for the Kudos miniseries.
Major Businesses 22-02-2018
Indian over-the-top (OTT) film entertainment provider Eros International plans to significantly increase its content slate and build a competitive advantage for its digital video platform Eros Now after selling a 5% stake to India's largest company Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL).
Media Analysis 22-02-2018
Online video consumption in India has grown by almost five times in the past year, with long-form video comprising 96% of content viewed, according to a report from Hotstar.
Telco China Mobile is making a wide array of BBC programming available to around 856 million of its MIGU video viewers, following a deal announced at BBC Worldwide Showcase.
Video delivery technology and services provider Harmonic has announced the next evolution of its VOS offerings designed to address the need for increased agility and adaptability for over-the-top (OTT) and IPTV deployments.
In an indication of why it was the object of a potential purchase by TDC, MTG has revealed that at the end of 2017 each of its Viaplay customers spent an average of 32 hours a month streaming video content, a 25% yearly increase.
Hot on the heels of similar wins with Orange and AT&T for its Managed Mesh Solution, AirTies is celebrating another deployment, this time with incumbent German telco Deutsche Telekom.
Most read news
- LaLiga to kick off standalone sports OTT service
- Digital entertainment behaviour the key to UK SVOD uptake
- beIN plans six FIFA World Cup channels
- Netflix secures first MENA platform partnership with OSN
- Star India wins rights to produce IPL, domestic cricket content
- SYFY WIRE to livestream Comic Con
- Travel Channel picks up Expedition Unknown for mid-season renewal
- Netflix to launch first Arabic original on 1 March
- Times Internet swoops for MX Player
- Star Maa, Viu team for Tollywood Squares game show launch
- Yahsat recovers Al Yah 3 satellite after anomaly
- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video to triple SVOD original content spending by 2022
- Claro, MARCA take multi-screen Winter Olympics across LATAM
- Starz Play forges key deal with Etisalat
- Insight TV, CJ E&M unveil 4K winter sports films
- DIRECTV kicks off 4K LATAM strategy in Argentina