Research from YouGov and CDN technology provider Edgeware has found that anti-piracy measures could save billions as 39% of consumers admit they are likely to watch pirated film or TV content.
Paid subscriptions to digital cable, satellite and IPTV television services worldwide have exceeded one billion for the first time, driven largely through growth in the Asia-Pacific.
Hong Kong free-to-air broadcaster TVB is to launch an over-the-top (OTT) video platform in Thailand in partnership with MVTV.
Nova, one of Greece’s leading providers of bundled home entertainment and communication services, has signed a new agreement with Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) securing rights to a selection of its most successful new and classic content.
Research from Kagan has revealed that the Nordic market for subscription-based online video services has grown considerably over the last few years in both subscriptions and revenues, increasing its share of total consumer for subscription entertainment spend from 18% in 2016 to 22% in 2017.
Madrid’s Juzgado de lo Mercantil Número 3 has thrown out the case brought by Vodafone against ONO’s management board.
Television New Zealand has engaged Asia Satellite Telecommunications to make good on its plan to provide free to air coverage of the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games and enable Asia-Pacific rights-holders to have full access to the event’s live coverage and daily highlights.
Most read news
- Sony-Claro alliance sees Crackle reach LATAM
- Telemundo partners with TV Azteca, Acunmedya to take Exatlon to the US
- 24i Media claims strong global growth
- Fifth of US broadband households use digital antenna to access live TV
- Wazee Digital migrates media workflow to Telestream Cloud
- Akamai bowls up dynamic ad insertion for live cricket with SonyLIV
- Twitter swells sport content for Asia Pacific users with multiple video deals
- Zee to launch English film channel
- Sky to bundle Netflix
- Viewers need up to four OTT services to meet content needs
- Premio Lo Nuestro takes Univision Network to nearly 8MN total viewers
- Orange sees impressive growth
- LATAM pay-TV set to grow to 95MN subs by 2021
- Univision Deportes chief to head Televisa sports division
- Telefónica mitigates sharp cut in Brazilian pay-TV revenues
- CONtv presses Twitch on-switch with Cloudport