Just weeks after the film and TV streaming search engine service highlights streaming as one of the few industries in the US providing business optimism with the new direct-to-consumer products already flexing their models, the latest survey of the US SVOD market from Reelgood has shown the sector make a strong start to 2021.
Major Businesses 22-01-2021
The growing appeal of ultra-high speed fibre-based broadband access offers and a business model based on recurring revenues which now represent more than 90% of activity have added up to a strong 2020 for the Netgem Group.
Major Businesses 22-01-2021
In an update regarding its 2020 business performance, digital security and media content protection firm Kudelski Group is cheering better-than-expected resilience of its business segments.
Sports, fashion, events and media management firm IMG and Panasonic Avionics Corporation have extended their agreement in a deal that will see the technology partner make Sport 24, the world’s only live 24/7 sports channel for the in-flight industry, available to all airlines worldwide.
London-based distributor Abacus Media Rights (AMR) is set to distribute new documentary feature The Oratorio, hosted by multiple Academy Award winner Martin Scorsese.
Off the back of a strategic collaboration with Chateau TV, Scottish indie Two Rivers has sealed a win with the independent production company set up by Dick and Angel Strawbridge for a major two-year programming deal from Channel 4 to supply new programming under the Chateau brand.
Global video contribution systems provider AVIWEST has revealed its part in being selected by Chinese national TV broadcaster CCTV and regional Chinese TV broadcaster Guizhou TV to support the production of Travel China With High-Speed Railway, a programme shot and streamed live during the October 2020 Double Ninth Festival.
Promising to enable sports and music fans to take advantage of what it says will be super-fast connectivity enhancing the in-stadium experiences, Nokia has launched 5G services with mobile operator Optus at the Optus Stadium in Perth, Australia.
STN Feature Video
Most read news
- Tubi delivers 80% incremental reach to top US cable TV nets in 2020
- Community Fibre offers free fibre broadband
- Grass Valley rolls out new cloud-focused strategy
- Paramount+ sets debut dates
- Orange signs West Africa content delivery deal with Côte Ouest Audiovisuel
- Optus taps Nokia to launch 5G experience at Perth Stadium
- Airband wins £4.5MN contract to roll out full-fibre broadband across Cheshire
- Veritone and Base Media Cloud rev up six-year deal with Extreme E
- Sky, Studiocanal ink upcoming, classic content deal
- Hyperoptic offers free broadband packages
- Extreme E revs up broadcast partner programme with ProSieben, Al Kamel
- More than 11MN watch The Pembrokeshire Murders launch
- BBC iPlayer sees record-breaking start to 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT
- Nokia and Mobily pilot 4G and 5G FWA network slicing
- Falling IPTV subs to drag down Singapore pay-TV until 2025
- Virgin Media reveals record-breaking 2020 for data usage
- Mondia brings Monsooq entertainment platform to Nigeria
- Samsung unveils HDR10+ Adaptive
- ITV Hub delivers record breaking performances in 2020
- CES 2021: LG Display to showcase transparent OLED screens
- Dojo Community goes live
- Huawei Video adds Starzplay premium content to mobile video bouquet
- Lockdown sees UKTV increase network share in 2020
- Strong demand for the ITV Hub in December 2020
- Extreme E gains added racing traction in Greece in Cosmote TV partnership
- Sport drives Openreach broadband usage to more than double in 2020
- Fanatiz more than doubles growth in 2020
- Extreme E hits the road for new audiences in China
- Museum opens exhibition on Cosmote TV