TVE distribute DTT on satellite with Abertis | News | Rapid TV News
By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our privacy policy unless you have disabled them. You can change your cookie settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them. [Close]

Spain's national public broadcaster Televisión Española (TVE) has signed a long term agreement with network operator Abertis Telecom to distribute its DTT signals on satellite. It is likely that the Hispasat system will be chosen for the task.

{loadposition story08}

The adopted solution will reuse the TVE signals already existing on satellite which historically have been used for the distribution of its signals to terrestrial broadcast centres.

Abertis will adapt the existing CA in order for it to be free-to-air and at the disposal of the whole manufacturing industry for the development of the necessary boxes.

At the same time this solution will be used by the rest of the country's broadcasters on DTT. National broadcasters will be able to join this solution since they could reuse those signals already on the satellite the professional feeds. This solution also allows the regional broadcasters to adhere to it.

This solution of coverage will be used by those citizens with problems of DTT terrestrial reception once the technical deployment is over and before the cease of analogue transmissions.

TVE and Abertis Telecom signed this agreement at the end of last year to guarantee 100% of Spain's citizens can receive TVE's DTT programs: with the terrestrial coverage reaching approximately 98.5% of population and with the satellite solution for the remaining 1.5%.

© Rapid TV News 2009