Media Analysis 17-01-2019
Even though the prevailing direction of TV show, film and general video consumption is increasingly mobile, research from MRI shows that video remains a highly social medium with even almost two-thirds of young adults saying they are ‘co-viewing’ more often now.
Justifying the efforts of video technology firms to rectify the problem, research from Parks Associates has found that 16% of US broadband households admit to sharing their passwords for their video service accounts with other people.
Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE) is hailing 2018 as a success after it added 7.6 million subscribers and recorded ratings success for its bouquet of pan-Asian channels.
Major Businesses 17-01-2019
As it maintains its strategy to further its global reach, media and entertainment consulting and executive search firm in Sucherman Group is acquiring London-based search firm Simon Pollock & Co.
Online sports streaming service DAZN has revealed that it has deployed Grabyo Studio to enjoy an ‘impressive’ 2018 using the social media platform to bolster its brand awareness and drive subscriptions.
Offering a curated mix of local and national channels across major streaming platforms, Sinclair Broadcast Group’s STIRR free, ad-supported streaming service has gone live.
The move may have delighted its board, shareholders and Wall Street but Netflix's fee increase is set to test severely the loyalty of not only its subscriber base but also short-term price ceilings for the subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) market in general says analyst TDG.
Ad Tech 17-01-2019
Aiming to deliver new and immediate routes for video producers, online video distribution and ad monetisation network provider Wurl has launched a new solution to allow producers and services to maximise advertising revenue.
Most read news
- CBS to shoot Super Bowl in 4K/8K
- LaLiga takes second division football to global markets via YouTube
- IMDb launches free streaming video channel
- My-HD DTH extends channel agreement with SPI
- History racks up 3.1MN viewers for Project Blue Book
- Enensys completes Expway acquisition
- HITN, TV Azteca partner on lifestyle content production deal
- TheMovieAgency takes Oz content to US VOD, OTT platforms
- Netflix picks up Shtisel from Dori
- Salman Khan enters TV production with The Kapil Sharma Show
- The Conners show highest promotional tune-in rate for October broadcast TV
- Sony India revises pricing as it unveils new bouquets
- Discovery doubles down with SpotX for TV everywhere monetisation
- Story of Yanxi Palace tops Google’s 2018 TV search league
- GOLFTV adds Ladies European Tour to the mix
- SK Telecom claims world’s first for live TV over commercial 5G network