The most popular video-on-demand (VOD) content in Argentina and Brazil has been produced by Netflix, with a Stranger Things doing particularly well.
Revealing what it says is a telling trend in how much time Americans spend watching TV and film content and how they’re watching it, research from the NPD Group has shown how viewing is shifting from live TV to subscription services.
On the eve of the first Ashes test in Brisbane, beIN Media has secured rights to broadcast and stream England’s cricket matches across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for the next six years.
Music legend Nile Rodgers and his band Chic will be lighting up this New Year’s Eve live on BBC One as they bring a collection of hits to a music and firework spectacular in London.
Most read news
- FCC loosens media ownership rules in US
- One size does not fit all in OTT world
- Amazon locks up exclusive tennis rights in UK
- FNL Network, Canal Futura ink deals with Vewd TV app store
- Amazon reportedly puts brakes on skinny TV plans
- FCC authorises ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard
- Ooyala updates live streaming technology
- Vimeo debuts HDR support
- Invidi, Foxtel deal marks milestone for Australian addressable TV
- US OTT market heats up
- Sony makes BRAVIA TVs compatible with Amazon Alexa in UK, US
- Univision remains home for Liga MX football in US
- Losses due to online TV, film piracy soar to $52BN
- MENA anti-piracy coalition celebrates closure of 30 pirate TV channels
- More than half of US broadband households subscribe to pay-TV, OTT service
- Olympusat gains Insight for US Hispanic, LATAM markets