Major Businesses 21-01-2018
US premium cable network Starz has gone to the US comms regulator, asking for intervention in its carriage stand-off with Altice USA.
Media Analysis 21-01-2018
Facebook’s de-prioritisation of publisher and brand content is already having a negative impact across video metrics, according to social video creation platform Wochit.
Media Investment 21-01-2018
Content discovery, video recording and audience insights company TiVo has added a feather to its patent cap, even as the drama with Comcast drags on. Investors reacted favourably in the wake of announcing that its multi-year licensing deal with Google has expanded to include YouTube TV.
Turner International's Digital Ventures & Innovation (DV&I) Group is joining forces with Warner Bros. Digital Networks (WBDN) to create launch a new, multi-territory subscription video-on-demand movie streaming service, FilmStruck.
Mexico-based media conglomerate Grupo Imagen is implementing Editshare technology to support the production of its telenovelas and news packages.
Addressing media demands ahead of Pope Francis’s first visit to Peru, Telefónica has reinforced TV broadcasting infrastructure and connectivity services across three press centres in the country.
Ecuador’s free-to-air (FTA) network Ecuavisa has become the first international partner for Globo’s latest soap opera hit, Edge of Desire.
Expanding their unified content strategy, Univision and Televisa have launched a TV pilot initiative to boost development of new original series by independent producers.
Most read news
- BritBox, all3media International team to expand British content streaming service in US
- MENA pay-TV revs set to fall in 2018
- CBeebies’ Hey Duggee passes 1BN video views in China
- CABSAT 2018: Yahlive to add 35 South Asian TV channels
- Etisalat E-Vision to launch eJunior app
- Fox, Premier League launch copyright infringement case in Singapore
- CABSAT 2018: FTA HDTV accelerates across MENA region
- PTV4 celebrates DTT broadcasts in Metro Manila
- Consumers demanding more from streaming services
- El Clásico travels around the globe in HDR
- Consolidated Communications adds fuboTV live OTT TV
- Spain looks to establish reference VOD, streaming measurement system
- Hispasat moves Amazonas 4 to 74 degrees West
- Wochit appoints biz-dev director
- BuzzFeed’s Twitter TV show returns for second season
- Rumours abound of Amazon Premier League rights bid