Major Businesses 21-07-2017
The saga of 21st Century Fox's proposed acquisition of European pay-TV giant Sky continues as the UK parliament breaks up for recess without revealing whether the bid can go ahead as planned.
Media Analysis 21-07-2017
The top five pay-TV operators in Latin America — America Móvil, AT&T, Televisa Group, Telefonica Group and Clarín Group — account for almost two-thirds of the market, research has revealed.
Amazon has added the reworking of Peter Weir’s classic 70s Australian film Picnic at Hanging Rock to its basket of Prime Video series in the US.
Etisalat’s IPTV platform E-Vision is adding six channels from global TV operator SPI International/Filmbox to its content offer.
Most read news
- Netflix smashes 100MN member milestone as it adds 5MN subs in strong Q2
- AT&T to intro next-gen video platform in autumn
- Formula 1, Tata issue challenge for digital, mobile video features for fans
- US pay-TV market loses over 600,000 subs in Q1 2017
- Game of Thrones season seven premiere shatters HBO records
- AP teams with Red Bull Media House for premium sports, music and lifestyle content
- TV ad spending translates to big digital benefits
- OTT boosts Mexican video industry
- Jenni Rivera drives Telemundo to outperform CBS, FOX
- US multichannel services cede ground to OTT content from virtual service providers
- YouTube reveals new VR format
- Chinese regulator shuts video streaming services
- Decent takes on entertainment giants with Blockchain-based content distribution platform
- Fox to launch The Orville after NFL doubleheaders
- NBC to stream Premier League football direct to consumers
- Lookhu launches celeb-focused OTT service