Spaniards pay 8% more than last year for quint-play convergent offerings including pay-TV, the country’s competition authority has revealed.
Univision Deportes will broadcast the CONCACAF Gold Cup football tournament across the US, promising to deliver a full multi-platform experience.
As it delivers its new Spanish-language OTT TV everywhere service across the US, Consolidated Communications is to roll out Olympusat’s Vemox over-the-top (OTT) platform.
Kwesé Sports has sealed a four-year deal with European and global football governing bodies UEFA and FIFA for broadcasting rights across sub-Saharan Africa to all major tournaments.
Turner Asia Pacific has taken what it terms a ‘significant minority stake’ in Vietnamese digital media and creator network POPS Worldwide.
Most read news
- HBO breaks free across LATAM
- La Reina de la Canción rocks for Univision
- Spain’s watchdog fines La Liga for hindering stadium access for TV firms
- Chile’s Movistar launches 360º platform for ConfeCup football
- Food Network, Cooking Channel plate up new content slate
- Amazon Prime provides preview of first Indian Original series
- Global pay-TV growth stalls
- Pay-TV firms to control 80% of TV revenues by 2022
- Facebook ramps up original video push with slew of deals
- Dekkho streaming app added to Amazon Fire TV stick
- Al Jazeera launches channel on Snapchat’s Discover
- AccuWeather launches Android TV app
- Asia Pacific to gain 200MN OTT video subs by 2021
- QVC Plus relaunched as multiplatform service QVC2
- Android TV debuts updated programming guide, Google Assistant
- America TeVe claims Hispanic leadership