Leading Nordic telco Telenor has agreed to make the Paramount+ video streaming service available as a premium service to its mobile subscribers in Sweden as part of its new streaming offer.
Major Businesses 18-06-2018
The historic decision last week to allow AT&T and Time Warner to merge has created one of the largest vertically integrated media companies in the world – and raises questions when it comes to consumer choice and content access.
Two more US pay-TV distributors have cranked up live coverage of the World Cup: DISH Network is offering all World Cup 2018 matches in 4K and High Dynamic Range; while Hulu is offering live and on-demand coverage of all World Cup matches on Fox and FS1.
Media Analysis 18-06-2018
Research from Mediavision has found that the Swedish TV market reached new record levels during 2017 with online being the market’s key growth driver, attributable for nearly a quarter of the commercial TV market’s turnover.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has accused Qatar’s beIN Media of politicising its broadcast coverage of the ongoing FIFA World Cup, in the latest clash between the two estranged Gulf nations.
Following on from what is claimed as international success, Talpa talk show The Story of My Life has been recommissioned for a second season in Poland and the Middle East.
In what is called a first of its kind deal in Europe bringing data and new voices to Germany’s entertainment market, Bavaria Fiction has become the first and exclusive production partner of global multiplatform entertainment company Wattpad for German-speaking territories.
Most read news
- beIN takes Middle East by surprise with free-to-air World Cup offer
- Egypt compels FIFA to offer free-to-air World Cup TV rights
- Univision, Netflix set downfall of El Chapo
- NGINX supports myCanal for Canal+
- Global OTT households to reach 265MN by 2022
- 4K becomes the norm for LATAM World Cup broadcasting
- Telefónica, Netflix premiere global partnership in UK
- K-pop show amplified by CJ E&M’s global streaming service
- Swisscom taps ATEME for MediaCloud
- Turner, Warner Bros. take SVOD film service to Spain, France
- Telefónica takes Netflix to European, LATAM TV platforms
- Mobile video viewing rises in key markets over Q1 2018
- Eight arrests in HK content piracy crack down
- Univision: original World Cup programming to cover up the lack of live coverage
- Netflix renews Korean show Busted! I Know Who You Are
- El Tri makes up for Univision’s lack of World Cup coverage