The fight against content theft in the Asia Pacific has gained strength in numbers, following the formation of an industry-wide Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) by pay-TV trade body CASBAA.
UAE telco Etisalat is bringing BBC dramas War and Peace and Wolf Hall to subscribers of its video-on-demand (VOD) service E-Vision, after sealing a content deal at TV market MIPCOM.
TV Azteca and Keshet International (KI) have inked a scripted deal to co-develop and produce a new original Spanish-language super series to air on TV Azteca.
The Digital Production Partnership (DPP) has extended its Committed to Security Programme to the whole media industry – including companies which are not members of the DPP.
Most read news
- BBC Arabic launches Trending
- SI puts in 90min to boost Planet Fútbol content
- Bexel serves up new seasons for Hell’s Kitchen
- Battle for US Hispanic audience is close-run
- Sky makes strong start to financial year
- Eutelsat swoops to acquire NOORSAT in $75MN deal
- FashionTV launches streams for US, Brazil
- Globecomm debuts virtual headends
- Sling TV says ¡Hola! to US Hispanic viewers
- Oak Island returns for series five
- Hallmark Channel expands with Drama network, SVOD
- Tata, Formula 1 complete world’s first truly live 360° video trial
- TSTV to launch in Nigeria
- Most TV companies unprepared for advanced TV advertising
- Telemundo brings Latin music stars to hurricane, earthquake telethon
- Telemundo aims to top US Hispanic TV viewing