Game of Thrones and Hunger Games Actress Natalie Dormer is teaming with UK production company Mainstreet Pictures and FremantleMedia to develop a global event drama based on the life of legendary British actress Vivien Leigh.
In what it says is a ‘spectacular gift’ to celebrate the 30th anniversary of coverage of the event, French public broadcaster France Télévisions is to offer free 24-hour access to Ultra HD coverage of the French Open tennis tournament.
FilmStruck, the joint venture between Turner International’s Digital Ventures & Innovation Group and Warner Bros. Digital Networks is to launch in France and Spain.
Rooftop Immersive Studio has reached an agreement with AMC Networks International Southern Europe to aggregate and distribute the broadcaster’s VR content.
The Queen of Latin music will have her own scripted TV series after Endemol Shine North America and Major TV optioned the rights to her best-selling autobiography Celia: My Life.
In a huge boost for the subscription video-on-demand service across the two regions, leading global telco Telefónica is to integrate Netflix within its TV and video grids across Europe and Latin America.
Pan-Asian channel provider Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE) has continued with its strategy of developing dedicated Asian entertainment, securing first and exclusive pay-TV rights to the top four highest-grossing movies of all time in China.
Most read news
- Mathrubhumi News launches on Hotstar
- PCCW launches Now E OTT platform
- Turner taps Accenture for OTT management
- Swisscom taps ATEME for MediaCloud
- Applicaster brings Zapp OTT to Adobe, Toolbox across the Americas
- Champions League knockout stages draw almost five million illegal streamers
- Tastemade gains YouTube TV distribution
- NextTV LATAM: Argentina launches new free public OTT service
- Amazon Prime Video India announces digital premiere of Rangasthalam
- DIRECTV LATAM readies 4K channel in time for El Clásico
- América Móvil places hope on Argentina's coming IPTV operation
- EU to mandate VOD firms to fund European content
- Univision raises bet on Sunday’s family line-up
- BBC America kills it in ratings for Killing Eve
- Univision targets Hispanic social foodies with Delicioso
- Traditional TV reigns supreme for US viewers