Even though they are forecast to add 120 million subs in the six years, pay-TV’s leading companies are set to see revenues from subscription and PPV remain flat at around $185 billion between 2016 and 2022, says Digital TV Research.
Major Businesses 22-05-2017
Turner Networks is eyeing the benefit of long-tail, digital-style audience building.
HBO Asia will resume its collaboration with China Movie Channel (CMC) and co-produce two Chinese-language martial arts films for television, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Pan-Arab broadcaster MBC is now broadcasting its HD and MBC Pro Sports channels across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) solely via the Arabsat satellite fleet located in orbit at 26°E.
Indonesian film Marlina The Murderer in Four Parts, which was co-produced by Singapore-based video streaming service HOOQ, is set to screen during the Director’s Fortnight at Cannes.
Income from football broadcasting rights has doubled over the past two years and now represents more than 50% of annual invoicing for most professional clubs.
Most read news
- YouTube TV beefs up cable package
- Sling TV takes History en Español across the US
- US pay-TV subs decline by more than 800,000 in Q1 2017
- Brazil continues VOD regulation debate
- BT Sport to give away free VR headsets ahead of Champions League Final
- Telemundo expands Hispanic, millennial target with VICE Media partnership
- 4K, VR added as BT repeats Champions League, Europa League final offer
- YouTube Red debuts Lindsey Stirling documentary
- Velocity hits the gas pedal on Speed is the New Black
- NAB 2017: 24i integrates with Microsoft Azure to boost personalised discovery and UX
- Showtime’s Madonna documentary goes global
- Cannes nix Netflix pics from Palme D’Or
- J:COM boosts VOD quality with cloud-based UX rollout
- HOOQ launches filmmakers' guild, strengthens original content
- Facebook users’ worth approaches that of TV viewers
- Spuul app added to Amazon Fire Stick, Kindle in India