PCCW's pan-Asian over the top (OTT) video service Viu is on course to develop 70 original titles this year for its 16 million monthly active users, according to a company executive.
Research from Ampere Analysis has revealed that sci-fi and fantasy has displaced comedy and action and adventure to become the genre of choice for users of the Netflix subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) platform.
Denmark's TV 2 FRI has commissioned from UK-based formats distribution specialist Magnify Media the first full-series commission for French-Canadian interior design format When a Designer Knocks.
Korean media powerhouse CJ E&M is to develop its role as a regional content creator as well as a curator, with its eye focussed on Korean formats that will work in other Asian territories.
Major Businesses 25-04-2018
Almost in the immediate wake of Comcast formally making an offer to buy the company, UK pay-TV giant Sky has revoked its previously announced preference for the bid launched by Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox in 2016.
Media Analysis 25-04-2018
Pay-TV subscriptions in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) fell 21% in 2017 as a result of political turmoil in the Gulf, according to new research from IHS Markit.
Most read news
- Hispanic networks thrown into Mexico’s presidential debate
- Netflix announces new European content slate
- Netflix buys La Casa de Papel
- Netflix takes on new Idris Elba comedy vehicle
- XITE Networks, SpotX launch linear programmatic ad solution
- iQIYI unveils 4K VR integrated headset with 8K playback
- BT Sport appoints EE exec Stagg to top mobile role
- IPL 2018: first week draws 371MN viewers in India
- Hum TV to carry Pakistan vs. West Indies cricket in Europe
- Football focus for Swisscom as it signs for Champions League
- Hotstar ups its IPL game with Watch’NPlay
- Iflix secures K-drama Grand Prince
- Brazilian pay-TV subs fall under the 18MN-mark
- Harmonic joins ATSC 3.0 Phoenix test bed
- Televisa’s presence in Mexican pay-TV market diminishes
- Sky Italia, Open Fiber forge long-term network deal