Hallmark Channel in the US concluded its Countdown to Valentine’s Day stunt this past weekend, capping off three love-themed original film premieres with a 2.3 household rating.
Travel Channel’s Expedition Unknown with archaeologist and explorer Josh Gates has been renewed mid-season for 14 new hour-long episodes with production on the new season slated to begin this spring.
Major Businesses 16-02-2018
Televisa, Torreal, and Mediavideo have just confirmed an agreement to sell its shares in Imagina (Mediapro) to the Chinese investment fund Orient Hontai.
In great news for the region's development of high-quality broadcast applications over IPTV networks, research from IDATE for the FTTH Council Europe has revealed substantial yearly growth in both fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) and fibre-to-the-building (FTTB) subscribers in Europe.
It may have maintained a high level of profitability in the period, but as with other operators of its kind right now, satellite firm Eutelsat has reported disappointing revenues in the first half of its current financial year.
Most read news
- Viacom18 readies Tamil channel for launch
- Kwan Digital signs up YouTube's Bhuvan Bam
- BBC iPlayer records best ever year
- Airtel adds Hotstar content to mobile app
- Localised offers to drive Euro SVOD market to be worth nearly $7BN by 2022
- Streaming boosts NBC’s Pyeongchang Olympics opening ceremony coverage
- iflix unveils first original comedy special
- WE tv renews Love After Lockup for expanded second season
- Canal+ introduces new broadcast, OTT Ultra HD service
- Times Internet swoops for MX Player
- Turner, Warner Bros begin FilmStruck international SVOD service in UK
- Star Maa, Viu team for Tollywood Squares game show launch
- Yahsat recovers Al Yah 3 satellite after anomaly
- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video to triple SVOD original content spending by 2022
- OTT video services emerge as focus for US mobile carrier strategies
- NOS adds FOX’s BabyTV in Portugal