In what it says is the first global study of its kind, video software provider Synamedia has unveiled a series of reports designed to broaden understanding of global sports piracy in order to protect the value of sports rights.
Leading pay-TV sports news services in the UK are reporting that English Premier League (EPL) football clubs have come to an agreement with pay-TV broadcaster Sky to defer repayment of broadcast rights fees due to games being cancelled because of the Covid-19 outbreak.
Claiming to be turbocharging video app development, OTT video applications creation, delivery and management firm Applicaster has launched Quick Brick, a new development framework available within its Zapp SaaS app development platform.
Nearly three years after it first announced work in the area and just under a year that it had a working product, the BBC has announced that it is ready to start testing more publicly the Beeb voice assistant by making available a Beta version.
Ad Tech 03-06-2020
OTT and connected TV identity resolution technology provider Tru Optik is to integrate Deep Root’s proprietary audience-based segments – political, public affairs and corporate advocacy - within its political data cloud solution and offer access to political audience-based segments.
Using machine learning and business analytics, streaming provider Watch Brasil has deployed the Jump Data-Driven Video Deep Recommender solution to enhance content discovery and personalised recommendations.
Adding nearly 175 hours to its kids’ catalogue, Melbourne-based global content distributor and rights holder Fred Media has acquired popular kids’ TV shows Brainbuzz (197 x 30’) and Smashhdown! (150 x 30’) from Nine Network.
Most read news
- Conviva, Akamai announce partnership to enhance streaming video experiences
- Free-to-air, pay-TV firms to share coverage of Premier League return
- LTN rides Wave of IP-based satellite alternative
- Atresmedia, Smartclip deepen strategic partnership for HbbTV in Spain
- Disney+ adoption skyrockets as Netflix maintains grip on streaming
- Samsung upgrades 2020 TVs with ‘unmatched’ video app offerings
- HBO Max originals coming to WarnerMedia Asian properties
- Qualcomm bids to boost streaming video with new Wi-Fi 6E solutions
- Netflix, Disney+ set to amass 460MN subs by 2025
- SVOD services continue local content push
- K League 1 taps Grabyo to deliver season opener live to social media
- Covid-19 to drive greater TVOD usage in 2020
- Video business continues lower orbit but SES claims solid first quarter 2020
- Broadcast shows resilience in tough third quarter for Eutelsat
- Pluto expands orbit in Europe, Latin America
- SBS Belgium takes Live PD: Police Patrol, Nightwatch to Benelux Region