Major Businesses 19-05-2019
The US media mega M&A frenzy shows no sign of abating and the latest example comes in the form of a spike in the stock of Lionsgate after details have emerged of a potential bid from broadcaster CBS for its Starz content division.
Major Businesses 18-05-2019
Accelerating its strategy of evolving its role as a content producer and aiming to reinforce its leadership in the production of VR and AR content, Mediapro has acquired immersive audiovisual company Visyon.
Noticias Telemundo Investiga, the investigative news unit for US Hispanic broadcaster Telemundo, is prepping Reclutado por el narco, a series of three reports based on the first testimony to the media by a hit man for the Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG).
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and Chicken Soup for the Soul (CSS) Entertainment are creating a joint venture dubbed Crackle Plus.
The epic global smash may be coming to an end but Games of Thrones is certainly going out with a bang in terms of not only ratings but also advertising and social engagement.
Aiming to provide secure and available platforms for the imminent new services, Sony Corporation and Microsoft are to partner on new innovations to enhance customer experiences on direct-to-consumer entertainment and AI solutions.
Most read news
- Teething trouble for Egypt’s Watch iT
- Eurofins to serve as exclusive CI Plus 2.0 test partner
- Cellcom partners Netflix in Israel
- &TV, Zing, Living Foodz to be exclusive to ZEE5 in UK
- Guinness PRO14, StreamAMG announce OTT first for rugby union
- Fremantle teams up with Spring Films for new documentary
- US advertisers embrace advanced advertising methods
- Cate Blanchett-helmed TV series Stateless set for production
- Amazon Prime Video arrives on TalkTalk TV
- Telemundo sees ratings gold with La Reina del Sur, Billboard awards
- APOS 2019: Viu commits to creating Asian originals
- Armstrong taps TiVo for next-gen IPTV
- Telefónica beefs up TV in Spain with cut-price Movistar OTT offer
- APOS 2019: iflix partners Malaysia’s Media Prima
- Hotstar set to stream Kukunoor’s City of Dreams
- Line Of Duty tops UK TV ratings for 2019