Telefónica’s Movistar+ and Disney have unveiled the programming of Movistar Disney ahead of its premiere on 22 December.
Media Analysis 10-12-2017
Local TV advertising in the US is expected to grow 8% next year to reach $20.8 billion, thanks to a sure-to-be contentious mid-term election season and the Winter Olympics.
Online Video 10-12-2017
Despite predictions that live streaming television was going to be one of the hottest features in 2017, interest in such services seems to have fallen flat, says research from Market Strategies International.
The US over-the-top (OTT) service Sling TV has expanded its video-on-demand (VOD) offering by integrating PANTAYA, CuriosityStream and UP Faith & Family content.
Most read news
- Global OTT, pay-TV markets to grow by nearly 20% over next five years
- Champions League popularity persists but rights fees, subs prices unlikely to drop any time soon
- Dailymotion expands distribution with Android TV
- BBC iPlayer first as Blue Planet II to be transmitted in Ultra HD and HDR
- Tigo Bolivia expands portfolio with Sony’s Crackle
- El Chapo is major hit with US Hispanics
- BT Sport app reveals support for 360° highlights, instant replays
- Sky adds LaLiga to Spanish OTT mix
- Sony makes BRAVIA TVs compatible with Amazon Alexa in UK, US
- MBC strike to end as president is fired
- Piracy evolves with video usage changes
- Phoenix set to become next-gen broadcast ATSC model market
- BBC licenses Orphan Black format to Japan’s Tokai TV
- Football scores as best value-for-money sport on satellite TV
- European OTT video revenue to double by 2021
- Rapidly abundant 4K/Ultra HD content failing to reach platforms