The traditional Wimbledon fortnight has just been extended by Eurosport, which has announced that from this year it is to show the qualifying tournament across 34 countries in Europe.
Indian streaming service ALTBalaji has unveiled its first Tamil series, Maya Thirrai, and plans to launch 32 original shows in four languages before the end of 2017.
After a thrilling Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final, the NHL Network is planning up to 68 hours of live programming for the 2017 Stanley Cup Final between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Nashville Predators.
Most read news
- Amazon adds live TV channels to UK Prime Video offer
- Dekkho streaming app added to Amazon Fire TV stick
- Long- and short-form content demand to push VOD value to $77.7BN by 2024
- Asia Pacific to gain 200MN OTT video subs by 2021
- BBC Store to pull down the shutters
- Facebook ramps up original video push with slew of deals
- Viacom, Altice announce advanced ad and content distribution partnership
- Taboola launches social feed feature for advertisers
- Showtime’s Madonna documentary goes global
- HOOQ launches filmmakers' guild, strengthens original content
- Cannes nix Netflix pics from Palme D’Or
- Facebook users’ worth approaches that of TV viewers
- YouTube makes major original content push
- Scripps to produce exclusive original Shows for Snapchat
- Luis Miguel on song for Netflix, Telemundo
- Ethiopia launches satellite TV platform with Eutelsat