An increasing number of audiovisual media services from within the European Union are targeting foreign national markets, according to research from the European Audiovisual Observatory.
In what is said to be a landmark Olympic partnership, bringing the Games to more people across more screens, Italian telco TIM is partnering with Discovery Communications to launch an exclusive new channel for mobile and broadband customers.
Premium video-on-demand (VOD) content and services provider Grey Juice Lab has further strengthened its relationship with Telefónica after being chosen to provide content and services for the Movistar Play service in Peru.
Over-the-top (OTT) movies and TV content revenues will reach US$640 million in Sub Saharan Africa by 2022 up by a factor of 12 on 2016 ($52 million), according to Digital TV Research.
After providing similar support for the telco’s Spanish operations, video technology provider Kaltura has announced that its over-the-top (OTT) technology is seeing use in the launch of Vodafone TV in Italy.
Australia’s Network Ten is a viable prospect for new owners if investment is made into high quality local television shows, according to David Gyngell, the former boss of rival broadcaster Nine.
Major Businesses 25-06-2017
Among the worst fears of all firms is that a competitor arrives from out of the blue and is utterly disruptive to an existing business strategy and takes away what the company expected to gain. This is precisely what happened to Hulu with Amazon; but now the J/V OTT service seems to be turning things around.
Major Businesses 24-06-2017
As it ramps up considerably its TV activities, Amazon is looking to cash in on its offers and is said to be considering a US$2.8 million fee for advertising spots during the Thursday night NFL games it will stream globally to its Prime subscribers.
Most read news
- Chinese regulator shuts video streaming services
- Pay-TV firms to control 80% of TV revenues by 2022
- YouTube reveals new VR format
- Consumers expect virtual screens to start replacing TVs, cinemas in under a year
- Time Warner, Snap seal social media partnership
- Brexit applies brake to growth but Ultra HD the dominant UK high-definition TV format
- Verimatrix gets big into big data with MiriMON acquisition
- Problem detected with SES AMC-9 satellite
- Facebook ramps up original video push with slew of deals
- Al Jazeera launches channel on Snapchat’s Discover
- AccuWeather launches Android TV app
- QVC Plus relaunched as multiplatform service QVC2
- America TeVe claims Hispanic leadership
- Android TV debuts updated programming guide, Google Assistant
- Fox partners with Tencent for online movies
- Sony gives beIN SPORTS the red card from PlayStation