Lionsgate and FOX Networks Group (FNG) Latin America have inked an agreement through which Lionsgate will supply its premium first-run films for FNG's pay-TV and basic cable channels.
Conditional access and cloud-based applications developer China Digital TV has teamed up with Hubei Radio & Television Information Network for virtual reality (VR) services for TV subscribers.
Somaliland National Television (SLNTV) has sealed a deal to lease satellite capacity on Thaicom 5 as well as contracting the Asian operator to design, install and commission an uplink facility.
With only 6% of subscribers still using analogue, Millicom’s Tigo Star intends to complete cable services digitalisation in Paraguay before the end of 2017.
Most read news
- The more you stream, the more likely you are to downgrade pay-TV
- Global consumers increasingly taking multiple SVOD services
- Turner debuts FilmStruck OTT streaming service
- LATAM dents Millicom Q1
- Broadcast is a top ‘ask’ for OTT streaming packages
- HBO Go free for a month in LATAM
- DisneyLife falls foul of China’s digital media crackdown
- SES inks capacity deals as fiscal year gets off to slow start
- 2015 surge sets Netflix on track for 150MN customers by 2020
- Smartphones are the new TV in Spain
- Brightcove goes with the Flow for OTT
- Controller claims instant success for new online-only BBC Three
- Yahoo Sports offers live, free game daily during baseball season
- Wrestlemania 32 drives massive streaming traffic
- Bloomberg Television launches on TVPlayer streaming service in UK
- Over four-fifths of Colombians subscribe to video services