Argentina's public satellite provider Arsat and cinema institute Incaa have launched Odeón, a free video-on-demand (VOD) platform for online distribution of national content.
Aiming to put an end to a long-running conflict, a Spanish court has given Rojadirecta.me a week to stop streaming illegally.
Argentina's cable TV organisation (ATVC) has handed out nearly 70 prizes at its annual awards ceremony, with HBO Latin America winning best fiction and documentary.
Over 2015 shipments of LCD panels sized 7 inches and above will reach 794 million units, a 4.1% year-on-year drop and a first-ever annual shipment decline, analyst WitsView predicts.
Second Screen 28-11-2015
LTE networks’ ability to address the once huge mobile video gating factor of lack of bandwidth has been demonstrated again by Ericsson and Cosmote.
Online Video 27-11-2015
Research from Videology has found that 90% of advertisers are buying their ads in a guaranteed, programmatic way.
The UK media ownership rules, which famously scuppered News Corp’s plans to wholly own the then BskyB, have been maintained by the country’s broadcast regulator Ofcom.
In a crushing blow for the long-term incumbent, upstart telco provider Altice has won exclusive French broadcasting rights for the English Premier League for 2016-2019.
Most read news
- Despite streaming popularity, television isn’t going away
- VOD market to be worth $263BN by 2016
- Baby boomers are streaming more – and love TV
- All 4 to offer VOD on Google Chromecast in UK
- Majority of Canadian TV campaigns are cross-platform
- Yahoo: mobile ads grow, but cross-platform approach most effective
- Intelsat takes Next Step to deliver HDTV to Thailand
- Ad-free option pays off for Hulu
- Telcos take a hold of the pay-TV market
- BT TV ramps up in first half of fiscal 2015 to total 1.3MN subs
- Paraguay looks for private investors in IPTV
- Apple TV to drive cable broadband adoption
- Spanish pay-TV rockets on IPTV
- Video Clarity launches 8K gear
- FilmBox channels set for Tanzania
- 4K Summit: Western Europe, with sports as killer app, to drive Ultra HD – eventually