The BBC will be allowed to increase its licence fee in line with inflation after agreeing to foot up to £750 million a year needed to provide free licences for the over-75s, the government has confirmed.
Filipino pay-TV operators will continue to lose money in the next few years, especially in the face of SkyCable's planned direct-to-home (DTH) service, an industry player has told the National Telecommunications Commission.
Indian last mile operator (LMO) Ortel Communications is introducing a free broadband offer to its cable TV subscribers in Odisha, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh.
Acorn, an RLJ Entertainment brand that specialises in curating and distributing the best of British television in North America, has acquired the electronic-sell-through (EST) and DVD rights in North America to Humans.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- BBC3 to be cancelled, moved online
- Cricket World Cup 2015 draws 1.5BN TV viewers
- ESPN, ESPN Deportes team up for bilingual, multi-platform Pan American Games
- OTT drives new home broadband technologies
- VUBIQUITY secures more first-run content for Cellcom Israel
- HBO Now may already top 1MN OTT subs
- beIN SPORTS eyes Chile vs. Argentina final
- Singtel adds 18 channels to pay-TV service
- MediaCorp adopts never.no social content aggregator for flagship current affairs
- LATAM meets network capacity demand with virtual platforms
- Millennial viewing to drive LATAM OTT market to $8BN by 2025
- OTT market rife with opportunity for 'innovative' entrants
- Telefónica opens gateway to manage quintuple play
- IPTV expands reach to nine Arab countries
- TDC taps Alcatel to extend premium IPTV services into new markets
- Singtel selects SoftCast to add resilience to playout