RTVE's already huge deficit has grown by a further €134.8 million, partly due to the fact that income from taxes to telecom operators amounted to a figure 42.2% lower than initially expected.
The video world is changing rapidly, and there is a tidal wave of mobile content making this happen says the US Digital Video 2014 Inaugural Report from Adobe.
In what is definitely a key period for the UK's fourth largest broadcaster, on the eve of rebranding its on-demand service, Channel 4 has made a new investment from its £20 million growth fund.
Under the slogan of "the new television", Claro Colombia has announced it will add the group's streaming and over-the-top (OTT) platform Claro Video to its triple-play offer in the country, delivering to its subs over 30,000 video-on-demand (VOD) pieces of content.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- Nielsen: TV faces increasing competition from other media
- Canadians embrace both traditional TV and OTT streaming
- Canada to mandate à la carte TV packages
- DISH implements TV everywhere ad insertion
- North American pay-TV revenues set to tumble
- Mobile upsurge to fuel digital TV, online TV ad spending rise
- Telefónica triples broadband capacity
- TV panel market outlook still uncertain
- MWC 2015: mobile video gets its mojo back
- Social TV becomes engagement bellwether
- Nearly a third of West European and half of US homes to own a 4KTV by 2020
- Viewers redefining relationship with television
- Vivendi accepts Numericable-SFR, Altice telecoms offer as profits rise
- Imagine, Microsoft preview cloud-based video encoder
- Social media not yet the TV water cooler
- Consumers still watching the same old channels