Only 10% of ads are delivered in a mobile-compatible format, illustrating that advertisers are missing out on a large, highly engaged target audience.
PBS America, the factual channel from America's Public Broadcasting Service, is launching on Freesat from 29 October.
Global media services firm RR Media, in partnership with Pi Telecom, is to offer dedicated premium and subscription-based content to worldwide audiences from any screen.
AsiaSat has implemented its first free-to-air Ultra HD satellite broadcast platform in partnership with Rohde & Schwarz, ahead of its launch later this month.
Discovery has completed the acquisition of Turkish free-to-air channel CNBC-e from Doğuş Media Group and announced it will replace it with the launch of TLC Turkey in November.
A package of 125 hours of content has been sold by ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) to the newly launched South African subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service ShowMax.
Most read news
- Bake Off cooks up strong August for iPlayer
- Net Insight closes ScheduALL acquisition
- Nearly three-quarters of US Internet users watch OTT Video
- Cisneros, Getty Latin America team up for programmable, 4K content
- EUTELSAT 8 West B begins broadcasting
- AwesomenessTV, Endemol enter international strategic partnership
- Comarex, Mediaset extend international distribution
- DTT awareness falls across Peru
- IBC 2015: NASA, Harmonic launch North America’s first Ultra HD consumer channel
- Global TV shipments plummet in Q2, but 4KTV sees big growth
- IBC 2015: Second screens becoming first for living rooms
- Telefonica taps ARRIS for IPTV STBs
- IBC 2015: Netgem, Alsatis, Videofutur team for fibre TV service
- Orange IPTV adds free beIN Sports
- Hispasat eyes LATAM audiovisual growth on Intelsat 34
- Connected apps pushing viewers to watch more TV, video