After launching MTV Play across Spanish-speaking Latin America, Viacom is preparing to launch MTV's TV everywhere platform, and a similar service for Comedy Central, across Brazil.
Spain's TV industry has invoiced over €1BN for the second quarter in a row, with pay-TV, and particularly IPTV, the driving force behind the growth.
Virtual reality (VR) is still very much in the 'innovation' stage, but this will start to change with the imminent arrival of major first generation headsets says research from Futuresource Consulting.
Online Video 06-02-2016
In a move that is literally out of this world, the BBC is to live-stream the Scotland v England RBS Six Nations rugby match to British astronaut Major Tim Peake in the International Space Station.
Putting its money very much where its mouth is regarding content, Netflix has reached agreement with Lionsgate to air smash hit Orange is the New Black for three additional seasons.
fuboTV has announced carriage agreements with Univision Communications Inc (UCI), Pivot and REVOLT Media & TV.
The actress Isabella Rossellini has been announced as host for Master of Photography, a new eight-part European talent contest airing on Sky Arts.
Electus has partnered with Delbert Shoopman to back the creation of a new television production company, Jackknife Media.
ABS-CBN's The Filipino Channel (TFC) and Lifestyle Network have launched on Charter's Spectrum TV.
Most read news
- Roku developing hybrid enhanced OTT box
- Dailymotion enters mobile global partnership with AdMaxim
- Huawei launches Gigabit home platform
- Yahoo Sports unveils The Vertical
- beIN Sports scores ratings win with Spanish-speaking US cable nets
- Successful launch for EUTELSAT 9B
- iQIYI to debut anime adaptation of Cerberus
- More than half of US, European, Japanese households to have smart TVs by 2019
- CES launches reflect OTT TV boom on mobile
- SiTune unveils First tuner compatible with 8K TV standard
- CES 2016: couch potato cooked as out-of-home becomes new prime viewing spot
- HDTV, emerging markets drive SES TV channel growth to outpace industry
- CES 2016: Elemental taps Video Clarity monitoring solution
- EUTELSAT 9B on track for 28 January launch
- 2015 global TV panel shipments near 270 million units
- MoffettNathanson: against all odds, cable sector gets on the upswing