Disney and FOX are not pleased with Verizon's plan to unbundle networks for a skinny TV package, with ABC and FOX TV and radio stations in New York refusing to run commercials for the Custom HD offering, the telco said.
Comcast has officially killed its $45 billion merger with Time Warner Cable, prompting a satisfied nod of sorts from US regulator FCC which had its own concerns regarding its effect on online video development.
In a much-needed coup given that competition from other OTT players is ratcheted up, Hulu is to become the exclusive SVOD home to programming from Turner Broadcasting's Adult Swim and Cartoon Network.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- US TV ad market uptick in March lifts Q1 2015 results
- IAB: streaming video has become completely mainstream
- OTT challenges pile up as viewing experience has huge impact on profitability
- Mediaset takes OTT LATAM content to Spain
- Charter Communications renews Rovi patent licence for IPG
- Fourfold growth to see OTT subs worth $32BN by 2019
- HUMAX licenses Frog for TV set-tops
- Doordarshan to air Oz kids shows Bananas in Pyjamas, Giggle and Hoot
- Three-quarters of OTT users give up in first four minutes
- Adobe: mobile becoming the video viewing platform of choice
- OTT streaming to hit 100MN subs by 2015
- Rocketing Facebook surpasses YouTube in video views
- Nativ teams with Quantum to enhance media, workflow control
- Entertainment Studios appoints FOX vet as research SVP
- Accenture: World's love affair with the TV may be coming to an end
- Pay-TV to inch upwards while OTT rockets over next five years