The regulatory hurdles in the way of Comcast's proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable have become higher with news that the cable companies are under investigation for potential backing of rival services.
After a period of relative inactivity, ITV looks to be returning to the deal trail this time targeting Dutch production firm Talpa, maker of The Voice format among others
Mediaset closed 2014 as the leading audiovisual group in Spain regarding both audience and profit margins, with results driven by the €325-million sale of Canal+'s stake to Telefónica and the recovery of the advertising market.
The long, drawn-out saga of Vivendi's retreat from being a total entertainment and telecoms service provider has reached the end game after the firm confirmed that it would complete its divestment of part ownership of French telco SFR.
Ericsson has been appointed as provider of live captioning services for Mobile World Live TV, the broadcast service of Mobile World Congress 2015 kicking off on Monday 2 March.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- Mobile video advertising rises across the board
- DirecTV is not sold on OTT, eyes margins
- Video, Internet drive Axtel's growth across Mexico
- UK Culture, Media and Sport Committee sees no long-term future in BBC Licence Fee
- Premium children's animation scores for BBC Worldwide
- TV ad revenue flags in January
- Screen-agnostic online TV ecosystem expanding rapidly and profitably
- User experience the key for providers to maintain edge over OTT
- Demand for OTT, SVOD an opportunity not threat for pay-TV
- OTT streaming drives up mobile bandwidth requirements
- VOD market set to more than double
- SVOD uptick makes TV increasingly a connected device
- Bulls charge in European entertainment and media M&A market
- Netflix content acquisition costs pose a challenge for global roll-out
- Sports driving mobile video consumption
- IPL 2015 auctions to air live on Sony Six