There will be four more years for X Factor and three more years for Italia's Got Talent, as FremantleMedia has extended its contract with Sky Italy to keep both talent shows on air.
Social TV and growing sports channels seem to be driving women's sports in Spain – not so long ago completely out of TV schedules – into a new era, as linear and online audiences grow and the advertising industry eyes a new open business field.
Amid changing US demographics where diversity, led by Hispanic groups, is driving important changes in the broadcasting industry, international business executive Sol Trujillo has joined Latino content and event producers David and Sarah Chavez to create Ingeñuity.
beIN Sports, which launched in Spain two weeks ago, has won the exclusive rights to broadcast matches from Portugal's top football division, Primeira Liga, following an agreement with Mediapro.
No media and entertainment firm wants to be the next company after Sony to have the personal details of its customers hacked but new research indicates that the sector is under increasing attack.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- Decline of TV, programmatic mark advertising trends
- Amazon Prime launches HDR Ultra HD content
- Mobile devices lead ad charge as online video viewing mirrors prime time
- Promer Qatar wins Es'hailSat teleport contract
- Asianet, Eurostar launch Malayalam mobile TV for GCC
- 4K 4Charity Fun Run sponsorship and participant numbers run on
- SoftBank and Netflix Japan announce partnership
- Loyal fans and big moments build buzz on social TV
- Mobile to give huge boost to online video
- Television is still king, claiming nine out of ten video minutes viewed
- Roaring Ultra HD sector to gloss over declining overall TV sales
- Apple TV launch reported to be pushed back to 2016
- OTT to be considered a 'friend' to pay-TV
- Netflix drives Argentinan OTT past 1MN subs
- LA judge kicks out $20BN Comcast, Time Warner Cable law suit
- Rural UK IPTV boost as government claims 3MN more fast broadband connections