Cox Communications has agreed to terms on a new broadcast retransmission deal with Nexstar Broadcasting Group, ending a five-day blackout that threatened to pre-empt the Super Bowl in several key US markets.
Australia’s Seven Network is set to launch a new free-to-air (FTA) movie and entertainment channel called 7Flix, adding to its current three-channel entertainment portfolio.
The Avatars, an international, millennial-targeted co-production between Boomerang TV, Fly Distribuzione TV and Brave Films, is to premiere on free-to-air (FTA) TV in Germany.
Spanish football is holding its own in US Spanish-language sports line-ups, with beIN Sports having scored over a million viewers with the latest FC Barcelona and Real Madrid matches.
Currently racking up large audiences at home for the lavish production based on Tolstoy’s classic novel, the BBC’s War And Peace is now gaining traction outside the UK.
Spanish pay-TV firm Mediapro has filed a complaint against the former president of Barcelona Football Club, Sandro Rosell, claiming he carried out corporate espionage on the production house.
Most read news
- Video to represent 75% of global mobile data traffic by 2020
- YouTube drives Google’s Q4
- Technicolor quits HEVC Advance patent pool to license own standard
- Tencent teams with ESPN in exclusive digital partnership in China
- MultiChoice’s GOtv DTT service launches in South Africa
- Mexicans spend more time watching Netflix than FTA
- Canal Sony, AXN launch TV everywhere, VOD apps
- YipTV taps Akamai for cloud CDN
- CES launches reflect OTT TV boom on mobile
- HDTV, emerging markets drive SES TV channel growth to outpace industry
- MoffettNathanson: against all odds, cable sector gets on the upswing
- 2015 global TV panel shipments near 270 million units
- EUTELSAT 9B on track for 28 January launch
- Strong growth for IPTV in 2015
- BT TV taps NetApp to support live streaming, VOD
- Investment in discovery paying off for subscription VOD players