Amdocs has been selected by Telefónica for a business support systems (BSS) transformation project in Brazil to provide a multi-channel experience for Vivo's quad-play customers across wireline, wireless, Internet and pay-TV, including IPTV.
Vera Pinto Pereira has been appointed as the new managing director at FOX International Channels (FIC) for Spain and Portugal, a move which comes a year after she joined FOX as chief operating officer (COO) for FIC Southern Europe and Africa.
Aiming to replicate the success of its fiction division - which has had international hits including The Mysteries of Laura and The Time in Between - Boomerang TV is to strengthen is entertainment division "in view of the changing situation in the media industry and in order to take on new projects".
German market research company GFK is moving into free-to-air (FTA) audience measurement in Brazil, directly competing with Ibope Media.
Most read news
- Half of pay-TV subs with HBO OTT would cut the cord
- BBC launches new range of iPlayer-exclusive programming
- Netflix plans 20 original series per year
- OTT sports viewing is expected to radically expand
- 2015 to be year of Ultra HD as channels drive uptake
- Private operators on verge of 4G agreement in Ecuador
- Neotion, Broadpeak, Eutelsat team for FTA OTT
- Sports content costs for pay-TV set to accelerate
- Virool unveils Facebook video ad platform
- Pay-TV subscribers love Netflix too
- CES 2015: Skyworth, China Telecom launch connected TV
- CES 2015: Samsung unveils its SUHD future with next-gen 4KTVs and UHD Alliance
- Christian TV to bless UK with TBN on Freeview
- Short-form has strong future but TV and films drive online video
- TiVo passes 5MN cable subscriptions
- DIRECTV hikes prices ahead of AT&T merger