May the 4th be with you on Sky as the leading UK pay-TV provider begins the country’s first ever 48-hour Star Wars marathon.
After a deal with international pay-TV operator StarTimes African Movie Channel (AMC) has launched its latest offering, African Movie Channel Series (AMC Series).
The international division of leading content firm Discovery Networks, Discovery Networks International (DNI), has revealed a strong start of the year with the average audience of its global portfolio up 10% year on year.
Further corporate news from broadcast technology provider ARRIS, which has now completed the acquisition of ActiveVideo in a deal valued at approximately $135 million.
When Telefónica's first offer to buy Prisa's stake in Canal+ was published, the telco was putting €910 million on the table, but one year of negotiations and increasing competition have seen Telefónica finally pay €707 million for the platform's last 56%.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- OTT passes 50% of American homes
- Digital ad budgets cannibalise TV revenues
- Cord-cutting fails to make impact in Western Europe
- ThinkAnalytics racks up 20MN OTT subs
- Trinity goes for Salsa keeping on religion
- MTN launches music video platform in South Africa
- Rentrak, Crossmedia partner on audience insights
- Net Neutrality row generates 1MN replies in Indian consultation
- OTT streaming to hit 100MN subs by 2015
- Rocketing Facebook surpasses YouTube in video views
- Accenture: World's love affair with the TV may be coming to an end
- Entertainment Studios appoints FOX vet as research SVP
- IAB: streaming video has become completely mainstream
- Pay-TV to inch upwards while OTT rockets over next five years
- OTT challenges pile up as viewing experience has huge impact on profitability
- Video infrastructure set to rocket 37% despite virtualisation