Premiering content in Spain less than 24 hours after it airs in the US, Movistar TV's video-on-demand (VOD) platform Movistar Series is now launching American Crime.
As entry-level price points drop well below $1,000, model availability expands and consumers seek to upgrade ageing flat panel TVs, demand for 4K/Ultra HD TVs is soaring worldwide, says research from Strategy Analytics.
Synacor is partnering with white-label video publishing company thePlatform to expand its video offering for TV programmers and operators other to include access to the latter's mpx back-end video management system.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- Average UK TV set viewing falls in 2014
- ITV eyes Talpa takeover
- Eutelsat gets ready for LATAM launch
- Vivendi accepts Numericable-SFR, Altice telecoms offer as profits rise
- Atresmedia cashes in on recovering ad market
- Orange taps Viaccess for OTT multiscreen connected platform
- MWC 2015: Ericsson to provide captioning for live TV summit
- US regulators probe Time Warner, Comcast for blocking rival video offerings
- Demand for OTT, SVOD an opportunity not threat for pay-TV
- OTT streaming drives up mobile bandwidth requirements
- VOD market set to more than double
- Netflix content acquisition costs pose a challenge for global roll-out
- Sports driving mobile video consumption
- IPTV to drive global pay-TV to over 900MN subs
- Streaming Video Alliance starts life warning of risk to industry
- UK Culture, Media and Sport Committee sees no long-term future in BBC Licence Fee