Barcelona-based streaming platform Wuaki.tv has appointed Sebastien Janin, former executive of Apple iTunes, as head of international business development in order to strengthen the company through its European expansion.
Currently the most popular subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) platform in Latin America, a new report predicts that Netflix will triple its subs in the next three years and grow solidly across the region's main markets.
Netflix is accounting for 15% of iiNet's data traffic just a few days into the online streaming giant's Australian launch, according to the Internet service provider (ISP).
People have been tuning in to this year's Cricket World Cup in greater numbers than ever before, according to the sport's global governing body the ICC.
The production and delivery of localised Arabic content to a pan-Arab audience is underdeveloped and ripe for growth, according to ICT consulting firm International Data Corporation (IDC).
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- Three-quarters of OTT users give up in first four minutes
- Adobe: mobile becoming the video viewing platform of choice
- WOW! adds HTML5 programming interface for streaming service
- Fall in telco taxes helps drive RTVE deficit up by €135MN
- Global pay-TV subs to break 1BN barrier by 2020
- Quantel, Snell reorganise global sales structures
- Telefónica completes GVT buy-out for €4.66BN
- VSN adds business intelligence to MAM solution
- MWC 2015: mobile video gets its mojo back
- Social TV becomes engagement bellwether
- Nearly a third of West European and half of US homes to own a 4KTV by 2020
- Viewers redefining relationship with television
- Social media not yet the TV water cooler
- Imagine, Microsoft preview cloud-based video encoder
- Consumers still watching the same old channels
- Cord-cutters approach 7% of US TV population