Gabon aims to switch to digital TV for CAN 2017 | DTT | News | Rapid TV News
By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. You can change your cookie settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them. [Close]
Gabon expects to achieve 85% digital terrestrial television (DTT) coverage by June 2016, ready for the African Cup of Nations (CAN) football tournament it is hosting next year.

The Ministry of Digital Economy of Gabon says the initial phase of DTT roll out will cover 59 localities, rising to 85% of the country by the end of June. The remaining 15% of coverage will follow in 2017 and 2018, reports Nextvnews.

China’s StarTimes has been awarded the contract to deliver DTT in Gabon, for a reported US$178 million dollars.

Overall Rating (0)

0 out of 5 stars
Add comment
  • No comments found