Online Video 13-02-2016
In a move that could shake up the Chinese online video market, the country’s web services giant Baidu has received an offer by senior management for its controlling stake in the iQiyi streaming service.
Wazee Digital, has recruited Sally Wallington as its new VP of sales & business development for the UK and Western Europe.
The international division of US pay-TV giant NBCUniversal International Networks has commissioned Halcyon, a new short-form scripted series, for its Syfy global science fiction and entertainment channel.
Canal Sony and AXN have seen 31% audience growth in 2015 across Latin America for their target group of viewers aged 18 to 49.
HBO Latin America is to premiere the latest seasons of Girls and Togetherness to complete a Sunday programming block following Dios Inc and Vinyl.
FremantleMedia's Got Talent franchise is set to premiere in Spain on Telecinco following worldwide success.
Even though they are yet to reap clear revenue-generating opportunities, pay-TV operators offering Netflix are negating the threat of cord-cutting says research from IHS Technology.
BAFTA-winning filmmaker Sarah Tierney has launched a new funding campaign for online video service We Are Colony.
Online Video 12-02-2016
US media conglomerate Meredith Corp has chosen Ooyala for real-time video engagement and performance analytics.
Most read news
- US homes flock to VOD
- Super Bowl viewing set to move to mobile
- MSG Networks, Red Bulls extend regional TV rights
- Verizon adds out-of-market NBA games to Go90
- Recommendation-based guides to drive 75% of all TV viewing by 2025
- Premium OTT primed for LATAM success
- Super Bowl 50 draws 111.9MN viewers
- Russia, China, India lead charge for BBC’s War And Peace adaptation
- Investment in discovery paying off for subscription VOD players
- MoffettNathanson: against all odds, cable sector gets on the upswing
- Strong growth for IPTV in 2015
- 2015 global TV panel shipments near 270 million units
- BT TV taps NetApp to support live streaming, VOD
- EUTELSAT 9B on track for 28 January launch
- Two-thirds of broadcasters confident of making transition to IP
- Millennials master second screen