The UK Government’s rumoured plans to sell off its stake in Channel 4 would likely not benefit the UK economy, the broadcasting industry or indeed creative industries, an academic report suggests.
Ratings firm Nielsen is reporting that as digital distribution continues to take hold, some shows are attracting their biggest gains in audience well beyond the traditional seven-days after original air date.
Consumer spending on home entertainment in the US was stable for the first quarter of 2016 compared to the year earlier period, going so far as to outperform the box office.
Hulu’s subscriber base has grown more than 30% year-over-year, and expects to reach 12 million subscribers in the US by the end of this month.
A tie-up between PCCW Global and Türk Telekom International (TTI) could see the Hong Kong telco’s Global Television Network (GTVN) more widely available to international broadcasters.
India’s nexGTv has secured digital rights to stream Reliance Broadcast Network’s channels Big Magic and Big Magic Ganga around the world, excluding North America.
Most read news
- SES inks capacity deals as fiscal year gets off to slow start
- Accenture scores with Mediaset for OTT Champions League football service
- América Móvil to stream the Olympics free in LATAM
- Astro, Globe to launch Tribe in the Philippines
- Apple TV, Roku add ESPN Classic
- Telefónica devours Spain’s pay-TV market, rockets in LATAM
- Korea’s pooq to stream CNN, Cartoon Network
- Zidane gives kick to Spain’s FTA DTT network
- 2015 surge sets Netflix on track for 150MN customers by 2020
- Smartphones are the new TV in Spain
- Controller claims instant success for new online-only BBC Three
- Brightcove goes with the Flow for OTT
- Wrestlemania 32 drives massive streaming traffic
- Bloomberg Television launches on TVPlayer streaming service in UK
- Over four-fifths of Colombians subscribe to video services
- NAB 2016: Rohde & Schwarz DVS to offer 4K focus