Mariner has seen growth in the number of Tier-1 operators using its xVu software, with more than 30 million devices now under management.
Scripps Networks Interactive has tapped Chatsworth Products' (CPI) offerings to upgrade its data centres.
Affordability will be a key commercial development parameter for 4KTVs to take off, and to address this Panasonic has launched its first line of value-priced Ultra HD smart TVs in the US.
Leading Chinese screen analyst TrendForce is predicting a boom year for 4KTVs in 2016 as their prices become more consumer-friendly.
The number of inactive subscribers of India’s six private direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV services has reached 49.54% of the total registered base of 78.74 million, the sector’s regulator has said.
Bollywood style icons and fashionistas are promised the imminent launch of English-language TV chat series for India, Born Stylish, to be broadcast by Colors Infinity and Vh1.
Most read news
- Despite streaming popularity, television isn’t going away
- VOD market to be worth $263BN by 2016
- Baby boomers are streaming more – and love TV
- Teatro Real goes live in Spain on Hispasat
- Large-sized smart TVs set to conquer Argentina's TV market
- Ad-free option pays off for Hulu
- Mexico schedules mid-December for mass analogue switch-off
- Majority of Canadian TV campaigns are cross-platform
- Telcos take a hold of the pay-TV market
- BT TV ramps up in first half of fiscal 2015 to total 1.3MN subs
- Paraguay looks for private investors in IPTV
- Apple TV to drive cable broadband adoption
- Video Clarity launches 8K gear
- FilmBox channels set for Tanzania
- Spanish pay-TV rockets on IPTV
- 4K Summit: Western Europe, with sports as killer app, to drive Ultra HD – eventually