Ad Tech 25-10-2016
Despite economic uncertainty before the EU referendum, the UK’s advertising market grew 0.4 percentage points ahead of forecast for the first six months of the year, according to a survey by the Advertising Association/Warc.
The board of the governing body of English football, the FA, has closed what it calls a ‘hugely significant’ overseas broadcast rights deal that it claims will ensure the FA Cup as the greatest domestic cup competition.
French communications giant Orange is claiming solid commercial performance Q3 2016, with accelerated growth in revenue and EBITDA, driven by very high-speed broadband and TV/comms convergence.
Encompass Digital Media is partnering with the British Film Institute to process and distribute film assets to China’s iQiyi, a native subscription video on-demand (SVOD) platform.
DirecTV Sports will broadcast 120 exclusive games of the 2016-2017 NBA basketball season throughout Latin America.
Social TV 25-10-2016
Viacom Labs is working with MTV Australia on a TV format that pulls in live streams from fans during a regularly scheduled live television show.
Most read news
- Netflix, Telemundo extend worldwide partnership for Spanish-language content
- Argentinean cablecos to launch OTT platform
- Ooyala powers Toca TV
- MENA broadcast anti-piracy coalition agrees enhanced co-operation
- Amazon adds Vishesh Films to Prime Video India
- Comcast combines subsidiaries into new media and tech division
- Verizon adds 36K video subs in Q3
- Clarín joins Turner-PolKa 4K content partnership
- Edgeware TV to serve 4K content to PCCW
- Starz Play Arabia expands SVOD service in North Africa
- Roku releases rapid streaming channel generator
- Naspers launches ShowMax in Kenya
- Twitter adds autoplay to promote NFL live streaming
- YouTube launches labelled video dataset
- Netflix teases Televisa as it loses its portfolio
- BBC denies personalisation plans are stealth way of closing iPlayer loophole