The recent momentum created within the virtual reality (VR) sector as regards devices, especially headsets, is paving the way for a ‘flood’ of innovative VR content in 2017, says research from IBB Consulting.
Kingdom Sight Studios and Parables are preparing to launch Behind the Scenes: A High School Story, a documentary style reality show that provides viewers with an unprecedented look behind the challenges of indie filmmaking and the passion that drives them on.
Comcast will launch the YouTube app on Xfinity X1 across the US later this year to enable customers to access over the Internet the entire YouTube catalogue of billions of videos alongside the live, on demand, DVR and Web programming included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
Circa has partnered with OWNZONES Media Network (OMN), the upstart global over-the-top (OTT) technology, distribution and content provider, to expand its programming internationally with a series of subscription and ad-supported video-on-demand (VOD) channels.
Most read news
- Women lead the way on social TV
- Elemental drives Globo.com 4K VOD
- Nokia, AT&T conduct 5G streaming tests with DIRECTV NOW
- Walter Presents latest Spanish drama to UK, US
- Nearly three-fifths of global consumers watch mobile vids daily
- YouTube to sunset 30-second unskippable ads
- Amazon throws Fire TV stick out to UK, Germany and Japan
- Google gains grip on VR device market
- Univision is No 1 Spanish-language network in US
- Showtime to give Billions for free
- Spanish police bust Premier League streaming pirates
- Facebook full steam ahead for premium video
- DirecTV Now adds Starz programming options
- BBC iPlayer makes record-breaking start to 2017 as personalisation begins
- Mediapro streams La Liga on Facebook
- Barkha Dutt joins The Quint to cover Uttar Pradesh polls