In a bid to drive its agenda around immersive, next-generation entertainment experiences, Fox has launched a new division, FoxNet, which will work across 20th Century Fox Film and Fox Networks.
Media Analysis 19-01-2017
More evidence as to the extent of cord-cutting has arrived in the form of research showing that to compete better with the likes of Amazon and Netflix, US service providers are decreasing marketing on their cable, satellite and IPTV products.
Aiming to give pay-TV operators the freedom to launch advanced formats like 4K/Ultra HD, Irdeto and Harmonic have launched what they call the world’s first integrated and proven Common Scrambling Algorithm v3 (CSA3).
After many months targeting East Europe and the Middle East with thematic channels, SPI International / FILMBOX Channels Group is now setting its sights on the US through Dish Network’s Sling TV, over-the-top (OTT) streaming service.
Major Businesses 20-01-2017
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the proposed acquisition of the Zee Entertainment-owned sports broadcaster Ten by Sony Pictures Networks (SPN) India.
Social TV 20-01-2017
Among the high level of social media adoption by free-to-air (FTA) channels in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), BBC World has registered the most Facebook likes and Twitter followers among its regional peers.
Pay-TV growth in Spain continues to drive audience figures, but nearly 70% of total pay-TV viewing time is spent on free-to-air (FTA) programming.
Most read news
- Amazon Fire streams VIVOplay across Americas
- Pay-TV prospers in Sub Saharan Africa as price battles begin
- Venezuela to construct national satellite factory
- Mediapro taps SAPEC for 4KTV distribution
- Kwesé TV commissions Quadrille to supply catch-up
- BBC boasts best ever week for iPlayer during festive season
- HITN expands in California, Texas with Charter
- tvN Movies launches in Singapore on StarHub TV
- NeuLion, INsight create Ultra HD entertainment partnership
- Frog TV leaps as Wyplay integrates Alpha Networks
- Bolivia prioritises second TV satellite
- China prohibits self-generated video on social media
- Fox eyes opportunity in Thailand
- English Premier League leads social TV conversation
- Netflix, RTVE reach worldwide agreement
- Studio71 taps talent manager for social media video