Strengthening its prime time scripted portfolio, TV creator, producer and distributor FremantleMedia has acquired a controlling stake in television and feature film producer Wildside.
The acrimonious retrans row between Sinclair Broadcast and DISH Network has taken an unexpected positive step with the resumption of negotiations and TV services.
Leading Brazilian broadcaster TV Cultura has tapped satellite operator Intelsat to support expansion of its DTT services within domestic and international markets.
Lebara Play has increased the Asian content on its live TV and video-on-demand (VOD) platform for its Hindi, Bengali and Punjabi viewers in Europe.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- Viacom heads to Mykonos to replace Ibiza Shore
- Decline of TV, programmatic mark advertising trends
- Intelsat, Eutelsat's success reinforces LATAM's DTH capacity
- Twitter revamps advertising platform
- Vodafone Portugal weighs in with SPI boxing channels for extended TV package
- Convergent cable packages drive down Mexico's pay-TV
- Amazon Prime launches HDR Ultra HD content
- FOX International Asia refocuses on northern region
- Mobile to give huge boost to online video
- Linear encoder market to dip markedly over next five years
- Roaring Ultra HD sector to gloss over declining overall TV sales
- Television is still king, claiming nine out of ten video minutes viewed
- OTT to be considered a 'friend' to pay-TV
- Globo launches mobile VOD app for kids content
- Apple TV launch reported to be pushed back to 2016
- LA judge kicks out $20BN Comcast, Time Warner Cable law suit