Premiering today with El Clásico, Intel’s 360-degree video technology has been installed in FC Barcelona and Real Madrid’s football stadiums in Spain.
Nearly 57 in 100 homes have pay-TV in Latin America and the US, and leading markets show similar characteristics: low concentration and high average household income.
FremantleMedia International (FMI) has secured a deal with leading German pay-TV platform, Sky Deutschland, for its award-winning drama Wentworth.
Swedish commercial broadcaster TV4’s C More subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service has committed to two seasons of the high-concept spy thriller series based on Swedish author Jan Guillou’s best-selling Hamilton books.
Social TV 02-12-2016
Spanish football competition La Liga and Microsoft have inked a deal to feed the former’s 1.6 billion social media followers with digital content.
Hopster, the app provider that helps kids learn through TV shows and games, is partnering with Fingerprint to extend the reach of its ad-free subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) preschool content across kid-friendly platforms.
Most read news
- Tigo gets DTH licence in Paraguay
- LCD TV panel industry lowers sights for 2017
- Amazon makes US Prime Video available in Spain
- Colombia’s ETB continues positive trend
- HBO España lands in Spain
- Pakistan regulator issues three DTH licences
- Ofcom orders Openreach to break from BT
- Irdeto wins CIBN OTT content security contract
- 4K adoption up 104%
- SPT’s ONE prepares for Korean drama Legend of the Blue Sea
- Windstream expands Kinetic IPTV in North Carolina
- BT launches 'next-gen' YouView with free TV app, added Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos
- 2016 a banner year for 4K/Ultra HD
- Brightcove launches social video publishing platform
- US pay-TV providers lose over a quarter of a million subs in third quarter of 2016
- 4K-UHD Summit 2016: quality still an issue for VR, says Sky