Chinese VOD platform YOU On Demand has summarised its 2012 results and announced several business initiatives for 2013.
- Signed content deals with Disney Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures, NBCUniversal, Lionsgate, Magnolia Pictures, Miramax, 3Net, Gravitas, K2 Communications, 3D Content Hub and Screen Media Ventures
- Increased distribution from three million to 13.2 million homes passed nationally in China
- Secured exclusive VOD rights to China Home Cinema's full movie catalogue
- Signed distribution deal with the first Internet television platform approved by China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television
2013 business initiatives
- Increase homes passed from 13.2 million to 30 million by the end of 2013
- January launch of entire YOU On Demand suite of products: TVOD: YOU On Demand (premium window new releases & library Hollywood titles); SVOD: YOU Cinema On Demand (Hollywood library titles) & CHC Cinema On Demand (Chinese domestic titles)
- January launch of its first marketing campaign which will target the two-week celebration of the Chinese New Year
- Launch of additional SVOD offerings: YOU Kids On Demand featuring hundreds of hours of the best kids content from the top networks; YOU 3D On Demand featuring dozens of high quality 3D movies, documentaries and television shows
Shane McMahon, chairman and CEO of YOU On Demand, said: "2012 was a very productive year as we continued to build our YOU On Demand platform and exceeded both our content and distribution goals. We are looking forward to a successful 2013 with increased VOD revenue from our full range of TVOD and SVOD offerings."