With over-the-top (OTT) firms posing increasing real and present dangers to their businesses, increased churn is a reality for pay-TV providers, but research says that the operators maintain a user experience edge.
TransGaming has inked announced a new milestone partnership to bring its on-demand TV games from GameTree TV to Liberty Global.
In a damning assessment of not just the corporation but the body designed to ensure it delivers value, the UK's powerful Culture, Media and Sport Committee has called for major changes to the BBC's funding and governance.
In its latest quarterly analysis of the pay-TV market, known colloquially as the cord-cutting report, US financial analyst Moffett Nathanson has noted the complexity of the battle royal between operators and the forces of over-the-top (OTT).
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- DirecTV is not sold on OTT, eyes margins
- Mobile video advertising rises across the board
- Video, Internet drive Axtel's growth across Mexico
- Premium children's animation scores for BBC Worldwide
- TV ad revenue flags in January
- Videocon d2h seeks Cisco to enable 4KTV
- HD success sees SES flying steadily upwards in 2014
- Voice of America, Africa Channel seal content partnership
- Demand for OTT, SVOD an opportunity not threat for pay-TV
- OTT streaming drives up mobile bandwidth requirements
- VOD market set to more than double
- SVOD uptick makes TV increasingly a connected device
- Bulls charge in European entertainment and media M&A market
- Netflix content acquisition costs pose a challenge for global roll-out
- Sports driving mobile video consumption
- IPL 2015 auctions to air live on Sony Six