Walt Disney reported quarterly earnings and revenue that topped analysts' expectations, as Star Wars: The Force Awakens propelled the filmed entertainment unit forward.
A full 77% of all respondents in a US survey from TVfreedom believe that pay-TV providers care more about their own profits than ensuring quality service for their customers.
Viacom has reported a decline in ad sales, leading to poor earnings for Q1, logging $3.2 million in revenue.
Data released by the BBC has revealed that there were 309 million TV and radio requests for programmes on its iPlayer on-demand and catch-up service during December 2015.
Second Screen 11-02-2016
In a significant statement as to how mobile video is rapidly becoming mainstream, leading video display processing firm Pixelworks is to demo how its technology can see use across a range of mobile devices at MWC 2016.
Media giant Time Warner has revealed modest gains in its 2015 financial year, buttressed by strong performance in its Turner and Home Box Office (HBO) divisions.
The US cable TV research and development facility CableLabs has teamed with Cisco to form a new software project for the Remote PHY device (RPD).
Most read news
- Huawei partners with Expway on mobile video standards
- IPTV drives new pay-TV era in Spain
- fuboTV announces agreements with Univision, Pivot and REVOLT
- Sky Cable selects Accenture OTT technology
- RTVE to produce 4K documentary series
- Viacom preps MTV, Comedy Central TV everywhere launch in Brazil
- Isabella Rossellini to host photo talent contest for Sky
- Netflix renews Orange is the New Black for three more seasons
- HDTV, emerging markets drive SES TV channel growth to outpace industry
- Investment in discovery paying off for subscription VOD players
- MoffettNathanson: against all odds, cable sector gets on the upswing
- 2015 global TV panel shipments near 270 million units
- Strong growth for IPTV in 2015
- EUTELSAT 9B on track for 28 January launch
- BT TV taps NetApp to support live streaming, VOD
- Two-thirds of broadcasters confident of making transition to IP