Media Analysis 27-09-2016
The standard dynamic for the TV industry is that the number of channels available, and hence those viewed, has always been on an upwards trajectory: not any more, suggests analyst Nielsen.
One of the leading providers of Mandarin-language content to audiences within China and across 200 countries, GoChina TV, has tapped Limelight Networks for a CDN to ensure delivery of video-on-demand (VOD) services.
Ad Tech 27-09-2016
Google has announced an extension in the capabilities of its Brand Lift products to show marketers how YouTube campaigns impact brand metrics like awareness and purchase intent.
Media Analysis 27-09-2016
With more and more video viewers making the switch to digital, the demand for live content has grown in the streaming domain, and in turn, advertisers are responding, according to Yahoo, with advertising on live video increasing by 113% year-over-year.
Media Investment 27-09-2016
Sources inside comms giant AT&T have revealed that its soon-to-be-launched standalone online streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, will become the company’s dominant video service in the next three to five years.
Amazon has entered a long-term partnership for Bollywood content from Dharma Productions ready for the launch of its Prime Video service in India.
Free UK satellite television service Freesat has launched the Korean public service channel Arirang TV in HD.
The Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) and Eutelsat are establishing new digital broadcasting and broadband-related ground facilities at Dubna Space Communications Centre.
Liberty Global and Ericsson have extended their partnership for two more years to boost digital video recording (DVR) services for Chile’s VTR and Puerto Rico’s Liberty Cablevision.
Most read news
- Snapchat rebooting major TV companies’ social media offers
- Millennial cord-nevers embrace SVOD
- US OTT worth $25BN in 2016
- Channel 4 Media USA goes on Voyage for TV everywhere, OTT
- QYOU brings premium online video to Play NOW
- Claro pilots free streaming service across LATAM
- Millennials embrace ad blockers
- SES, Arqiva partner for sports content distribution across LATAM
- Yahoo Esports, ESL strike streaming partnership
- Blurrt, Vizrt integrate for social TV analytics
- More than 100MN to adopt next-generation HDR TVs by 2020
- Hooq sets sights on original Indian content
- Brazil’s cinema industry lobbies for VOD regulation
- Google integrates Cast into Chrome browser
- CBS All Access launches ad-free tier
- RTL Nitro revs up 4K broadcast