Media Analysis 24-08-2016
The top players such as DirecTV/Sky and Claro/America Móvil have kept their dominance of the Latin American pay-TV market according to a report from Digital TV Research.
Media content distribution software provider Dimetis has announced a technology partnership with V-Nova which will see the P.Link contribution solution integrated with its BOSS LINK Manager.
VIZIO has enhanced its SmartCast app to bolster the viewing experience with additional content offerings and provide users with faster all-around content aggregation.
Bolivian electronic retailer chain Dismac is to distribute Tigo’s triple-play packages along with its telecom products.
In an unprecedented collaboration with Netflix, Univision has premiered the critically acclaimed series Narcos across the US.
Media Analysis 23-08-2016
The aggressive territory expansion push by subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) leader Netflix will see subscriber numbers head towards the 100 million mark by 2018, which will also see a tipping point in terms of where customers are.
Leading Australian mobile operator Optus has expanded its mobile entertainment offering, enabling customers on selected plans to stream films and TV without tapping into their monthly data allowance.
Wall To Wall Media’s US quiz show 500 Questions has turned to ionoco technology and systems to power the UK version of its hit show.
Most read news
- Operators’ platform ownership plans to see video tech market dwindle
- AMC Global launches first ever multi-territory Snapchat lens
- Elemental powers Antel’s growing OTT offer in Uruguay
- Massive growth forecast for mobile/social video
- BabyFirst sees huge spike in Facebook engagement
- LG launches Channel Plus for smart TVs
- Leading Asia-Pac players make pay-TV market share gains
- Participant to shut down Pivot TV
- VSN adds online thesaurus to video management solution
- Televisa eyes larger slice of Univision
- TV Azteca sales driven by football, in-house content
- Social more critical to success of digital video campaigns than YouTube, Vevo
- Twitter to launch live streaming partnership for major league baseball and hockey
- Strimm cuts loose in social TV
- VOD surges, record revenues for broadcast TV in the UK in 2015
- Netflix dabbles in VR with Stranger Things clip