As it launches its new 4K linear channel, Dalian Tiantu Cable Television Network has chosen Thomson Video Networks streaming and server technology for high-efficiency video coding (HEVC) encoding and playout.
Just over a year after Quantel acquired its fellow provider of post-production and facilities technologies and services Snell, the two firms have reorganised their international sales forces.
In a further divestment of its content assets, cable giant Liberty Global has reached an agreement with Sony Pictures Television Networks (SPT) to sell its Film1 group in the Netherlands.
Research from video optimisation firm Conviva has indicated that the seemingly inexorable rise of over the top may not be such a sure thing as poor quality is leading users to pull the plug on OTT services.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- North American pay-TV revenues set to tumble
- Mobile upsurge to fuel digital TV, online TV ad spending rise
- Telefónica triples broadband capacity
- Global pay-TV subs to break 1BN barrier by 2020
- Vessel launches YouTube rival with free early bird offer
- SIC premieres Globo's The Hunter in Portugal
- Adobe: mobile becoming the video viewing platform of choice
- Norway's Bridge Technologies reinforces LATAM team
- MWC 2015: mobile video gets its mojo back
- Social TV becomes engagement bellwether
- Nearly a third of West European and half of US homes to own a 4KTV by 2020
- Viewers redefining relationship with television
- Imagine, Microsoft preview cloud-based video encoder
- Social media not yet the TV water cooler
- Consumers still watching the same old channels
- Cord-cutters approach 7% of US TV population