Through an agreement with the international basketball federation, FIBA, pay-TV operator DirecTV has purchased exclusive rights for the pan-American competition La Liga de Las Américas, which now be known as DirecTV Liga de Las Américas.
Announcing it has exceeded expectations for 2014, fashion channel ¡Hola! TV says it is now present in over eight million homes in Latin America and the US, after reaching distribution agreements in Central America with Tigo-Amnet and Claro TV.
A survey of online video professionals in North America and Europe as to how their firms use content delivery networks has shown the extent to which multiscreen streaming is now mainstream.
Initially targeting government entities but aiming to take the whole region into the Internet era, Telefónica Peru and Ericsson are jointly implementing a project to provide Internet access via 4G/LTE in the Peruvian Amazon during 2015.
RTVN Premiere Partners
Most read news
- £4.5BN revs predicted as new Premier League rights tender unveiled
- UK public broadcasters' content investments decline rapidly as retrans fees floated
- IP video demand pushes media workload growth
- Brazil's Globo licenses the People's Choice
- Quarter of new US cable customers shun subscription TV
- Live shows dominate overall Twitter TV activity
- DISH upgrades Hopper DVR features
- Orange, Deutsche Telekom put £12.5BN price tag on sale of EE to BT
- TV remains primary screen as multiscreen and social grow fast
- OTT pay-TV to rocket to $10BN by 2018
- 4K TV shipments skyrocket 500%
- Two-thirds of Americans watched online video in October
- Africa's IPTV base to hit 1.57MN by end 2018
- Apple TV fades away in streaming video player market
- Multiscreen becomes mainstream for video service providers
- Piracy becomes LATAM's third-largest virtual pay-TV operator