Japanese electronics giant Sony Corporation is to raise ¥440 billion (US$3.6 billion) through an issue of new stock and bonds on both Japanese and international capital markets on 17 August.
An Egyptian court is set to deliver the verdict on the trial of Al Jazeera journalists Baher Mohamed, Mohamed Fahmy and Peter Greste at the end of July.
Africa's pay-TV market has grown by over 15% year-on-year in the 12 months to the end of March 2015, with satellite platforms accounting for the lion's share, according to Dataxis.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- Mobile matters most for video consumption and ad growth in Ooyala index
- World's most mature SVOD market still offers huge development and growth potential
- Technicolor unveils HDR and SDR compatibility solution
- Netflix sets its sights on India
- Eutelsat eyes August launch for MENA satellite
- Anvato adds instant TV everywhere syndication with live-to-VOD
- Nine-tenths of broadband households to have Wi-Fi by 2019
- Hulu, Showtime partner to launch OTT streaming service
- MediaCorp adopts never.no social content aggregator for flagship current affairs
- LATAM meets network capacity demand with virtual platforms
- OTT market rife with opportunity for 'innovative' entrants
- AT&T agrees to net neutrality concessions in DirecTV merger
- DISH, T-Mobile USA talk merger
- Telefónica opens gateway to manage quintuple play
- TDC taps Alcatel to extend premium IPTV services into new markets
- Millennial viewing to drive LATAM OTT market to $8BN by 2025