Viacom has launched Paramount Channel Originals in Spain aiming to drive in-house production through three short films.
More Telemundo Spanish-language series and telenovelas are about to land on Netflix on a worldwide scale, although the newest ones will be exclusive to Latin America.
Times of strong growth seem over for Colombia’s pay-TV market, which keeps adding subs but is overall remaining stable, led by América Móvil’s Claro.
Expanding further their existing partnership, UK cableco Virgin Media has inked a new multi-year programming deal with Viacom in the UK and Ireland.
As it attempts to strengthen the fight against piracy, the MENA Broadcast Anti-Piracy Coalition has convened to develop strategies to reduce the number of infringements and to prevent notoriously rogue pirate channel operators.
Most read news
- SPI takes Ultra HD to Amazon Fire TV app, FUNBOX channel on HOT BIRD
- OTT video set to 'energise and transform' India’s TV market
- Soaring international subs drive Netflix to blow away subscriber estimates
- MIPCOM 2016: Vimeo debuts global storefront with Lionsgate
- US, UK subs’ VOD preferences not yet addressed by TV content
- HBO ready to push OTT button in Spain
- HbbTV gains strength in Europe as smart TV penetration rises
- China to provide half Asia-Pacific’s 157MN VOD subscriptions by 2021
- Over four-fifths of US households subscribe to a pay-TV service
- Edgeware TV to serve 4K content to PCCW
- Viacom shakes up Asia Pacific executive team
- Starz Play Arabia expands SVOD service in North Africa
- Roku releases rapid streaming channel generator
- Naspers launches ShowMax in Kenya
- Brazil expands pay-TV must-carry networks
- YouTube launches labelled video dataset