High Throughput Satellites (HTS) proliferated in 2014 in terms of supply additions, system investments (nine new orders) and demand take-up, according to Euroconsult's latest research on the market.
No 2 US cable MSO Time Warner Cable bled yet more residential video customers in the third quarter of 2014, losing profit in the process.
RTVN Premiere Partners
Most read news
- Comcast: Not concerned about HBO & CBS going OTT
- FilmOn asks FCC for cable TV licence
- FCC proposes unlocking of content bundles to drive OTT TV access
- TV everywhere to show dramatic growth by 2020
- Multiscreen advertising catches up with viewing habits
- Amino celebrates IPTV STB win
- BT confident Netflix access will add further fuel to TV business
- VOD surges as UK ad-spend grows at fastest rate since 2010
- Millennials driving 'drastic' changes in TV viewing
- ATCi implements IPTV content transport aggregation model
- Pay-TV dominance masking full extent of soaring SVOD
- Telefónica closes E-Plus acquisition, becomes leading German operator
- Akamai, Juniper team on elastic CDN
- Technicolor to be Warner Bros exclusive IP licensing agent
- Google, Paramount partner for film 'first-of-kind'
- Online TV consumption rockets 388%