Three of the Caribbean’s leading film producers will develop pilots for original TV series projects thanks to funding from Cable & Wireless’s Flow and CaribbeanTales Media Group.
Media Analysis 25-02-2017
Two-thirds of US consumers watch mobile video daily, meaning that mobile video is gearing up to pass the PC as the preferred platform. And, data suggests that advertisers are taking notice, and preparing to shift ad dollars in response.
Media Investment 25-02-2017
Scripps Networks Interactive has said it is focused on Millennial-friendly interactive services going forward, amid duller than expected fourth-quarter earnings.
Even before the current next-generation infrastructure is anywhere near complete, work is apace to roll out 5G networks, and the latest project sees Nokia and AT&T in a trial for the latter’s TV provider DIRECTV NOW.
Online Video 25-02-2017
Telco TV and entertainment solution provider Netgem has launched a new connected device category enabling mobile and TV providers to add value to their bundles.
At its 85th meeting, the steering board of the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) consortium has approved updates to TS 102 809 regarding signalling and carriage of interactive applications and services in hybrid broadcast/broadband.
Most read news
- Natalie Dormer to star in Foxtel drama Picnic at Hanging Rock
- América Móvil’s OTT platform goes down during first live Mexican Clásico
- 24i Media names Xstream vet as chief markets officer
- CNN uses YouTube to avoid Venezuelan ban
- Ericsson, iQIYI, China Unicom team to improve mobile video viewing
- Nearly three-fifths of global consumers watch mobile vids daily
- Netflix announces premiere of first Spanish series
- Elemental drives Globo.com 4K VOD
- Univision is No 1 Spanish-language network in US
- Showtime to give Billions for free
- Facebook full steam ahead for premium video
- Spanish police bust Premier League streaming pirates
- Fox set to pull the plug on DirecTV across LATAM
- DirecTV Now adds Starz programming options
- Mediapro streams La Liga on Facebook
- BBC iPlayer makes record-breaking start to 2017 as personalisation begins