The sport business unit of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group ran FIGHTING, 7Sports, has revealed that 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) technology is at the heart of its recently launched app for Amazon Fire TV, which went live in December 2016.
Leading satellite operator Eutelsat has confirmed that its second all-electric craft, 117 West B, has entered into full commercial service and is now ready to support customers across Latin America.
The Asia Pacific region’s trade body for the content creation and distribution industry, CASBAA, has welcomed a judicial review now underway in India concering a proposed extension and tightening of pay-TV rate regulations.
StarTimes is making up ground on Multichoice’s DStv and GOtv pay-TV services, along with Vivendi’s Canal Plus, after disrupting Sub Saharan Africa’s pay-TV sector with keen pricing during 2016, says Digital TV Research.
India’s public satellite broadcaster Doordarshan plans to issue new set-top boxes (STBs) with MPEG-4 compression technology by the end of March to support the delivery of 104 TV channels.
Most read news
- Comcast tops December Netflix Speed Index
- BBC to withdraw major channels from LATAM
- Playmaker Media, iStreamPlanet team for sports OTT streaming and VOD
- A third of millennial YouTube viewers don’t skip ads
- BBC must reinvent public service broadcasting, and iPlayer, for a new generation says DG
- Ooredoo TV launches Funbox ultra HD channel
- Sony brings kids’ portfolio to YouView
- Sherlock reveals popularity across all UK channels at Christmas
- NeuLion, INsight create Ultra HD entertainment partnership
- Frog TV leaps as Wyplay integrates Alpha Networks
- Bolivia prioritises second TV satellite
- China prohibits self-generated video on social media
- Fox eyes opportunity in Thailand
- Twitter to live stream Golden Globes Red Carpet show
- Netflix, RTVE reach worldwide agreement
- Studio71 taps talent manager for social media video