As a consequence of its momentous decision to buy Canal+, Telefónica's TV Movistar platform has had to renounce exclusivity over video-on-demand (VOD) content, according to conditions imposed by Spain's telecoms watchdog.
Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), one of the largest religious broadcasters in the US, is to launch TBN Salsa, scheduled to debut across the country on 1 June targeting second and third generation Hispanics.
Boomerang TV's original series produced for Spain's Antena 3, The Time in Between, has been sold to key Asian territories and, over the next few months, will air in Japan, China and Taiwan.
HBO Latin America is about to start filming the second season of its original series for Brazil, PSI, following the production's regional success.
European streaming service Wuaki.tv has announced a new content deal with Icon Film Distribution to increase focus on high quality independent movies in the UK and Ireland.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- IAB: streaming video has become completely mainstream
- OTT challenges pile up as viewing experience has huge impact on profitability
- Fourfold growth to see OTT subs worth $32BN by 2019
- Charter Communications renews Rovi patent licence for IPG
- Digital advertising hit $49.5BN in 2014
- MarVista gains LATAM rights for Dentsu's Little Battlers Experience
- HUMAX licenses Frog for TV set-tops
- Hisense inks product placement deal with Mediaset's El Principe
- Three-quarters of OTT users give up in first four minutes
- OTT streaming to hit 100MN subs by 2015
- Rocketing Facebook surpasses YouTube in video views
- Nativ teams with Quantum to enhance media, workflow control
- Accenture: World's love affair with the TV may be coming to an end
- Entertainment Studios appoints FOX vet as research SVP
- Pay-TV to inch upwards while OTT rockets over next five years
- Moody's urges investors to stick with cable despite OTT rush