Ad Tech 25-10-2016
Despite economic uncertainty before the EU referendum, the UK’s advertising market grew 0.4 percentage points ahead of forecast for the first six months of the year, according to a survey by the Advertising Association/Warc.
The board of the governing body of English football, the FA, has closed what it calls a ‘hugely significant’ overseas broadcast rights deal that it claims will ensure the FA Cup as the greatest domestic cup competition.
French communications giant Orange is claiming solid commercial performance Q3 2016, with accelerated growth in revenue and EBITDA, driven by very high-speed broadband and TV/comms convergence.
Encompass Digital Media is partnering with the British Film Institute to process and distribute film assets to China’s iQiyi, a native subscription video on-demand (SVOD) platform.
DirecTV Sports will broadcast 120 exclusive games of the 2016-2017 NBA basketball season throughout Latin America.
Social TV 25-10-2016
Viacom Labs is working with MTV Australia on a TV format that pulls in live streams from fans during a regularly scheduled live television show.
Most read news
- MIPCOM 2016: Vimeo debuts global storefront with Lionsgate
- US, UK subs’ VOD preferences not yet addressed by TV content
- Netflix, Telemundo extend worldwide partnership for Spanish-language content
- Argentinean cablecos to launch OTT platform
- ProSiebenSat.1 takes on Accedo to manage new VOD services
- Ooyala powers Toca TV
- China to provide half Asia-Pacific’s 157MN VOD subscriptions by 2021
- HbbTV gains strength in Europe as smart TV penetration rises
- Over four-fifths of US households subscribe to a pay-TV service
- Edgeware TV to serve 4K content to PCCW
- Viacom shakes up Asia Pacific executive team
- Starz Play Arabia expands SVOD service in North Africa
- Roku releases rapid streaming channel generator
- Naspers launches ShowMax in Kenya
- Brazil expands pay-TV must-carry networks
- YouTube launches labelled video dataset