In a stinging rebuke, Switzerland’s Competition Commission (COMCO) has imposed a sanction of CHF71.8 million on Swisscom and Cinetrade/Teleclub due to alleged prohibited marketing of sports content via pay-TV.
The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has publicly released the Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines.
Following the launch of a revamped website and momentum surrounding its recently redesigned magazine, Playboy has introduced a mix of original digital video offerings.
CBS Studios International, along with Fulwell 73, has announced that Carpool Karaoke, the global viral video sensation broadcast on CBS’s The Late Late Show with James Corden, is now available as a format to international broadcasters.
Nigeria’s plans for a smooth switch to digital broadcasting have been strengthened after Pinnacle Communications reportedly abandoned its N1.2 trillion law suit against the Government.
Indian football fans will be able to watch the UEFA EURO 2016 tournament in a range of languages after Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN) announced multiple feeds for its live coverage.
Most read news
- YouTube to launch VR app
- 4K: a lone bright spot in STB market
- LATAM pay-TV to expand pre-paid models
- Ultra HD Forum confirms speakers for European Digital conference
- Turner announces development deals, greenlights
- The CW to debut Supergirl, green lights new series
- Roku is No 1 streaming media player in US
- New linear, digital channels as Box Plus Network announces biggest ever refresh
- Apple TV, Roku add ESPN Classic
- Wuaki.tv teams with Hisense for Ultra HD smart TV content
- YouTube gives boost to creators in content dispute
- Netflix looks at lessons learnt to gain popularity in Asia
- NBC Olympics, Snapchat partner for Olympics video coverage
- Nielsen: some TV shows see biggest audience gains 7+ days after airing
- TalkTalk introduces TV Store
- Discovery reports flat earnings for Q1