In a year in which it ended up significantly larger than it began, the Sky pay-TV operation is now scaling up profits as revealed by its financial results for the 2014/15 fiscal year.
With over-the-top now firmly established within service providers' pay-TV portfolios, the hybrid OTT model has become the paying platform of choice says research from MPP Global.
As HDTV roll out slows in mature markets and legacy infrastructure and reduced end user budgets hold back technology replacements, the broadcast TV encoder market looks set for secular decline.
Research measuring the impact of Honda's integration into the sixth season of the series Community on Yahoo shows that the brand successfully increased awareness of its vehicles among consumers with the campaign.
Thought Leadership Blogs
Most read news
- Online TV outstripping live TV as a default entertainment source
- YouTube, Netflix drive video to comprise lion's share of broadband traffic
- Video usage to account for 60% of all global mobile data traffic
- Gen X households boost OTT viewing over big screen
- TV advertising falls in Q2 — and with no end in sight
- Ultra HD to ramp after 2020
- Leak shows Verizon to offer mobile OTT service for free
- TV3 takes Ooyala for complete video and advertising solutions
- Faster than expected penetration makes 4KTV content protection a growing concern
- AT&T-DirecTV merger approval expected any day
- Media Networks grows to 700 DTH channels in LATAM
- AT&T adds iHeartRadio to U-verse TV
- Philippines' DTH market straightened by cable, equipment subsidies
- Videocon d2h adds Kannada music, news channels
- Quicklink, Tividoo provide Ka solution for JP Morgan Challenge 2015
- Envivio tapped for Champion's League final