German interactive teleshopping broadcaster 1-2-3.tv has extended its contract with global media services company MX1.
Media Analysis 23-10-2016
The boom in online video platforms on a global basis is not even a matter of argument any more but linear TV is not about to fade away any time soon, says a report by IHS Markit.
Major Businesses 23-10-2016
YouTube is making progress in signing media giants for its live-streaming service, set to debut next year, including the Big 4 broadcasters.
Viacom has launched Paramount Channel Originals in Spain aiming to drive in-house production through three short films.
More Telemundo Spanish-language series and telenovelas are about to land on Netflix on a worldwide scale, although the newest ones will be exclusive to Latin America.
Times of strong growth seem over for Colombia’s pay-TV market, which keeps adding subs but is overall remaining stable, led by América Móvil’s Claro.
Most read news
- MIPCOM 2016: Vimeo debuts global storefront with Lionsgate
- US, UK subs’ VOD preferences not yet addressed by TV content
- OTT video set to 'energise and transform' India’s TV market
- Soaring international subs drive Netflix to blow away subscriber estimates
- HBO ready to push OTT button in Spain
- ProSiebenSat.1 takes on Accedo to manage new VOD services
- Argentinean cablecos to launch OTT platform
- China to provide half Asia-Pacific’s 157MN VOD subscriptions by 2021
- Over four-fifths of US households subscribe to a pay-TV service
- Edgeware TV to serve 4K content to PCCW
- Viacom shakes up Asia Pacific executive team
- Starz Play Arabia expands SVOD service in North Africa
- Roku releases rapid streaming channel generator
- Naspers launches ShowMax in Kenya
- Brazil expands pay-TV must-carry networks
- YouTube launches labelled video dataset